Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Favorite Hagada and why?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:21 pm
Please share

esther11

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:24 pm
I love this one! It has incredible illustrations by Gadi Pollack with many many medrashim included in the drawings. The back has explanations of all of the pictures.
This is great for elementary, high school, or visual adults! It brings the whole Seder to life

ETA the link!
http://www.feldheim.com/the-ka......html

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:25 pm
My favorite is a small hagada with clear lettering that is easy to hold, easy to read from, and doesn't take up to much room on the table so prevents spills. Very Happy

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:26 pm
During the Seder? A small one with clear text to nit take up half the table and keep my place.
To learn from at other times or to glance at during the Seder, I have the hagadda berura and the Dubno Maggid ones. I'm sure there are many many other great ones.
We try to avoid pictures to keep our imaginations as active as possible.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:27 pm
I love the Breslov Hagaddah. I buy a new haggadah with commentary every year, but for the past two years I've stuck with this one. It has such a unique perspective on what yetziyas mitzrayim and the whole haggadah means. It shows you how to bring the concepts of freedom and faith into your own personal life, and how you can experience personal redemption during difficult times, and when you're feeling down. I found it so uplifting, it honestly changed my entire seder night.

Don't know if there's more than one breslov haggadah, this is the one I have.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:32 pm
Touched by a Seder.
The stories entertain me Smile

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:34 pm
I have used the malbim for many years. I love the commentary. I was thinking about getting a new one this year so I will watch this tread for ideas. Thanks!

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:45 pm
Maxwell House is our family tradition. Because the price is right, we don't have to hang on to them if they get farchazzert after a few years. I detest food-stained books, which not only look awful but also attract bugs.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:46 pm
The new Hogwarts Haggaddah: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch
Because I'm obsessed with all things Potter!

I also have a Rav Kook hagaddah, Rav Nebentzal, Rav Soloveitchik, and a nice collection of illustrated hagaddahs from around the world from different time periods.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:

That is so cute! I'm definitely gonna take a look at this, how can I refuse a Hogwarts haggadah? Smile

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:

I also have a Rav Kook hagaddah, Rav Nebentzal, Rav Soloveitchik, and a nice collection of illustrated hagaddahs from around the world from different time periods.

Is it available yet? Fellow potterhead here.

I want to look through the illustrations and concepts before buying.

My favorite hagadah does not exist yet. It would have laminated pages for a good yiddishe mama, clear Yiddish translation, and include all the things family says, and in the right places.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:
That is so cute! I'm definitely gonna take a look at this, how can I refuse a Hogwarts haggadah? Smile

Mine just arrived yesterday, I read through it last night and really enjoyed it!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:57 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Is it available yet? Fellow potterhead here.

I want to look through the illustrations and concepts before buying.

My favorite hagadah does not exist yet. It would have laminated pages for a good yiddishe mama, clear Yiddish translation, and include all the things family says, and in the right places.

Yes, it's already available. It doesn't have any Potter related illistrations, just Pesach ones. Most of the analyses are about the themes that show up in both the Seder and the Harry Potter series: freedom, good vs evil, educating the next generation, etc.

smilealot

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 2:26 pm
I love the artscroll children's one.
It's clear and fun. 😊
We all enjoy the pictures.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:19 pm
I've got a collection myself ... too many to list ... quite the variety from artscroll to kid's illustrated, lubavitch variety including with Rebbe's commentaries [which make a quick to the point deep vort] ... A Night to Remember - contemporary & entertaining ... etc. - & of course the token maxwell house

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:35 pm
I was thinking of getting the Artscroll Eishes Chayil haggadah. Anyone have it? Would love to hear reviews.

srbmom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:03 pm
Quote:

I love the artscroll children's one.
It's clear and fun. 😊
We all enjoy the pictures.

Us too. Our whole family "fights" over these, including the adults

Ilovemaryland

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:06 pm
The Maxwell house hagada from my childhood wuth the streits menu planner

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:31 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, it's already available. It doesn't have any Potter related illistrations, just Pesach ones. Most of the analyses are about the themes that show up in both the Seder and the Harry Potter series: freedom, good vs evil, educating the next generation, etc.

you just lost me ...

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:58 am
youngishbear wrote:

[quote]

So make it yourself. Download the text, add in what you want, and take it to a shop to laminate and bind. What could be better than a personalized family Hagadda?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics