Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Canned coconut milk
1  2  Next

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:02 pm
Is there any company that is kosher for pesach?

cbg

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:33 pm
I haven't found it.
But I found this info
http://www.joyofkosher.com/201.....otos/

I'm planning to experiment to make coconut whip cream.

I'm going to buy some young coconut, the meat is very soft, and blending it in my vitamix. I want to try to get some cream to be able to whip up for icecream.
I don't like using rich whip.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:36 pm
Ask your LOR. Pure coconut milk, just coconut and water may not need any special certification for pesach.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:54 pm
I haven't either seen it

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:57 pm
Thanks for that link...I use it all year round for whip and icing. I just made ice cream with it and it is heaven! I really want it for pesach!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 6:17 pm
Try Trader Joes. One site says that can be used. OU is pretty clear that coconut milk can't be used, generally, without a hecksher (and that it doesn't certify anything that is OK).

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 6:20 pm
I called the bck who certifies the trader joes canned coconut milk. Their rabbi said that nothing else is produced in the plant where the coconut milk is made and it is suitable for pesach. Again, best to ask your own rabbi.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
I called the bck who certifies the trader joes canned coconut milk. Their rabbi said that nothing else is produced in the plant where the coconut milk is made and it is suitable for pesach. Again, best to ask your own rabbi.

Good to know I will call my rav

cbg

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 8:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Try Trader Joes. One site says that can be used. OU is pretty clear that coconut milk can't be used, generally, without a hecksher (and that it doesn't certify anything that is OK).

Can you link the site, please.

Also which coconut milk/cream product.
I think it has other stuff in it besides just coconut.

cbg

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 8:43 am
If the young coconut cream doesn't work out,
I'm making this recipe
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_DxyGLeng

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 9:23 am
cbg wrote:
Can you link the site, please.

Also which coconut milk/cream product.
I think it has other stuff in it besides just coconut.

Can't find it again, sorry.

But check the OK guide, which says:

Quote:
Cocotana Coconut Products
Coconut milk 11%
Coconut Pairing Oil
Industrial Coconut Oil
Organic Coconut Cream
Organic Coconut Flour
Organic Coconut Milk (Fat: 5-
7%,9%,12%,17%,22%)
Organic Coconut Water
Organic Creamed Coconut
Organic Defatted Dessicated
Coconut Fine/Medium
Organic Desiccated Coconut
Shreads

ra_mom

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 8:33 pm
So it turns out that Lieber's came out with canned light coconut milk for pesach this year. I don't know if it will whip up like when I make coconut whipped cream from chilled full fat canned coconut milk, but I figured I'd let you know, amother Red.

There's another company, LeBonne, that came out with organic virgin coconut oil this year too.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 8:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
So it turns out that Lieber's came out with canned light coconut milk for pesach this year. I don't know if it will whip up like when I make coconut whipped cream from chilled full fat canned coconut milk, but I figured I'd let you know, amother Red.

There's another company that came out with organic virgin coconut oil this year too.

Thanks! I saw that too! BTW I called abt the trader joes one and was told it was good from that rav as well. I am waiting for my LOR to get back to me! I will buy the liebers though.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for that link...I use it all year round for whip and icing. I just made ice cream with it and it is heaven! I really want it for pesach!

Would you be willing to share the heavenly recipe? I'd love to try it :-)

cbg

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 8:10 am
ra_mom wrote:

There's another company, LeBonne, that came out with organic virgin coconut oil this year too.

I think you need the full fat one, so that it separates. you use the cream on top for whipping.

Now if they only made UNSWEETENED almond milk.
One can dream

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 8:17 am
U use the full fat one chilled in the fridge and whip the cream. I add some honey and it whips really nicely.
I made ice cream with the lite fat one(bought by mistake). I chilled it and blended with mango and honey. Froze. I mixed every half hour about till it was frozen. It was heaven. Gonna make with other fruits for pesach. It also scooped nicely and was creamy with was really good. (But I only made it once u may want to Google a normal recipe first....I made it up😀)

Liba

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:14 am
I saw an ad for Leiber's coconut milk, coconut cream and light coconut milk, all organic. I wish they had them in Israel, but they are being marketed in the US!

Liba

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:20 am

EmpireState

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 6:09 pm
Now that we know that it exists, has anyone actually seen the Lieber's- the full fat one- in a store?

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 11:54 am
EmpireState wrote:
Now that we know that it exists, has anyone actually seen the Lieber's- the full fat one- in a store?

I just called liebers. The stores didn't get it yet and they don't know if they will get it for pesach. They are stuck because of FDA laws.
I guess I am going to look into the trader joes one again.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics