Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chumras are driving me CRAZY!!!

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:33 pm
I am really, really starting to dislike Pesach.

It's bad enough that DH won't lift a finger to help. Every year he adds more and more restrictions on what we can eat. By next year, we'll be down to eating boiled eggs for the whole week, and the year after that, we'll starve to death.

Now, I admit I'm a foodie, and I love a good challenge, but this is just getting ridiculous. I have been feeling so resentful lately, and if I hear one more new rule, I'm going to absolutely lose it.

I feel like refusing to disinfect the doorknobs this year, just out of spite.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO HARD??? Mad

I just thank G-d that the kids are grown and out of the house, because it would push them OTD for sure. There is no simcha in my house, just stress.

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:37 pm
My rule is that if one of us wants to add a chumrah, they need to be the one picking up the slack for that one.

You want to cover the fridge with 4 layers of silver foil plus liners on top? Go ahead, do that.

You want food that has no store bought items? Go ahead, cook it.

Dumping chumras on someone else's shoulders is no holiness or high level. It's selfish and inconsiderate.

And there's no reason for you to go along with it. If he refuses to eat the food you make, he's more than welcome to roll up his sleeves and make himself something to eat.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:55 pm
I would definitely speak to a Rov about this. Chumras that are being added from year as opposed to a family minhag, are not sacred. If the husband and wife are not on the same page, a Rov would be able to work out some sort of compromise. At the moment it sounds like quite a steep price is being paid for some of these chumras.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics