Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Is Passover getting in the way of filing taxes?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:10 pm
I was just wondering if some people are requesting extensions since it is getting to be hectic? I file early so it doesn't really impact me.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:18 pm
Extensions don't help much because then Tishrei gets in the way. That said, I always file an extension anyway. Maybe this year will be the year October doesn't come LOL

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:19 pm
More like filing taxes are getting in the way of Pesach preparation. DH is a CPA and I work in accounting too.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:19 pm
It's the same as all years. We all know the deadline and plan accordingly. No extra extensions being filed simply because of the holidays at our firm. Pesach always comes in April and the tax deadline always comes out on April 15 (barring weekend deadlines which are then moved to Monday like this year the 17th which is YT anyway).

grace413

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:44 am
Magenta Yenta, if only more people were like you and filed early!

My DH is a tax accountant and I help him in the business. The dates come out horribly this year. Venting a bit here: so many clients bring in their papers at the last minute and don't understand why it can't be done by April 15. We don't have more people asking for extensions because of Passover; the majority of our clients are not Jewish. But people delay (I am also a procrastinator) so they need to understand that other people are ahead of them.

DH has to review all the returns because even with extensions people who owe need to pay by April 15 (17 this year). The fact that the deadline is Shvi'I shel Pesach is a major difficulty for us, but what can we do?

My DH is much more of a tzadik than I am so he keeps working and says "BH that we have parnasah."

He's a sole practitioner so at least he doesn't have a boss on his head; but as he says, his clients are his bosses.

Most clients are reasonable but there are always a few.......

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 8:39 am
Filing taxes comes in the way of Pesach, yes. that is why I do it early.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics