Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are girls wearing sneaker shoes to school?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:33 pm
It's been a trend for a couple of years now. Got high top suede ones for the winter, and slip ons for spring/summer. They wear them with dark knee socks. Cheap(er) & comfy!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:10 pm
any links for girls size 3?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:16 pm
All ages wear the white Sole sneaker shoes to school in Lakewood. Even with tights. They're sturdy and comfortable- it's nice when a new style is practical too even if it doesn't look totally perfect. No schools have said anything yet.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:16 pm
Really after Shavuot but after pesach is ok. Id say up till grade five

salt

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:57 am
amother wrote:
Really after Shavuot but after pesach is ok. Id say up till grade five

That's a school rule???!!

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:40 am
While I greatly dislike the way sneakers look with knee socks it's a lot cheaper than buying a new pair of shoes to wear for two months. My daughter is still wearing booties bec it's been cool but I can certainly see why it makes more sense to buy sneakers now.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:43 am
Are you talking about skater shoes? I got some for DD with a butterfly on the front. She loves them because they are slip on and comfortable. And they don't fall off when she plays jump rope.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/item/girls-slip-on-sneakers-140164056 - is this what you have? I don't see anything for $10.

Similar but they don't have them anymore...at the end of the winter, they had a pair with blue metallic quilted fabric on top, and I got them for $10 (including free shipping!)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
Do 3rd and 4th wear this too? Bais faiga requires tights to school, won't they look nerdy with dark tights?

DD is in 3rd grade in BF - she's wearing a pair with blue quilted fabric on top, with dark tights. My teens okay'd it, so it can't be too nerdy looking.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:26 am
My dd also wanted a pair , but they were very expensive in stride rite, and I did not feel that they held her feet well, and I did not like how they looked on her either. They also had a pr of non high top converse but they didn't fit her well either.
She's super hard on her shoes, so I need something sturdy.
Gotta keep looking.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:29 am
Sorry if off topic, but what sneakers are boys this age wearing? I'm seeing high tops with laces and neon colors, but also these slip on white bottom sneakers.

Queen6

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:37 am
My girls wear them with tights. They have been wearing them last year too and in this winter (new pairs). Not nerdy at all.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:53 am
I taught in a very charedi BY where the two types of shoes allowed were "sneakers" and "conservative shoes" (flats, mary janes etc).

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:21 am
amother wrote:
I have noticed that in the spring girls are wearing shoe like sneakers to school. Like a slip on sneaker with a white bottom. I like that for camp/summer but I see girls wearing these with their uniforms. Schools are allowing this? My girls are begging and one of my girls really needs shoes. Please advise - thanks!

It seems whatever answer you will get will depend on your area and the school your dd attends.

Sneakers and shoe-like sneakers are no problem for my kids, boys or girls. But we send to mamlachti-dati schools in Israel, not chederim/BYs in Brooklyn.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:36 pm
Do women wear these also or is that a fashion faux pas?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 2:06 pm
I've seen some women wearing them around Lakewood.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 2:18 pm
Another reason to specify location is because let's face it, tights with sneakers is super nerdy but if all the kids are wearing it, it's probably ok...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:17 pm
most of the girls are wearing with sock type of tights so it looks more like a sock with a sneaker then tights.

unexpected

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:24 pm
I've heard its very popular in lkwd for boys and girls. In bp, the girls are wearing it but the yeshivos don't allow white soles for boys. I recently caved and bought a pair for my 4th grade daughter. It is denim look, from POLO. I got it on Amazon for $20.40

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
Do women wear these also or is that a fashion faux pas?

No idea, but the other day I saw dozens of these shoes at the GW. They obviously were donated new by a store. That's a usual thing around here when merchandise doesn't move at Target, Old Navy or Kohls locally. They were canvas and inexpensive $6.99 a pair.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics