Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me pick a gift for my bday!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 8:35 pm
My birthday is coming up in a couple of days and I have a 300$ gift budget Smile. I'm a proponent of a high/low sartorial style, I buy cheap clothes and upgrade my look with a few select high-end accessories. My current bag is 6 years old and has really served me well. I'm thinking of using this money to buy a new one, but have no idea where to start! I want something trendy that will not go out of style fast (is that an oxymoron?). What brands should I look at?Or, I can skip the bag and get a pair of earrings instead. I am currently wearing a pretty 60$ costume pair. WWYD?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:13 am
I would get a purse before I would get earrings. Don't worry about trendy - get something that you look at it and think, "wow I love that".

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:48 am
Kate spade has really beautiful bags and are carried in a lot of outlets- you can probably get a purse and wallet for your budget.

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
My birthday is coming up in a couple of days and I have a 300$ gift budget Smile. I'm a proponent of a high/low sartorial style, I buy cheap clothes and upgrade my look with a few select high-end accessories. My current bag is 6 years old and has really served me well. I'm thinking of using this money to buy a new one, but have no idea where to start! I want something trendy that will not go out of style fast (is that an oxymoron?). What brands should I look at?Or, I can skip the bag and get a pair of earrings instead. I am currently wearing a pretty 60$ costume pair. WWYD?
[b]

I am not a big fashion person but somehow I end up in the forefront of fashion. It is almost totally accidental. I am drawn to things that are different, so I buy the odd silhouette. It seems that two years later, people begin wearing it. I like classic clothes with a twist.

Look for something is a fashion forward line that is unique.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:51 am
I love this but am not familiar with this brand. Is this good quality?
http://www.tedbaker.com/ca/Wom.....ots=1

The first link is definitely unique. Should I play it safe with this one?
http://www.tedbaker.com/ca/Wom.....ots=1
or this
https://www.mybag.com/bags-clo.....dQLsw

Or something else entirely? I'm lost in a sea of possibilities....
Thanks for your help!

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:48 pm
I love Ted Baker, they also make gorgeous clothes. It's a British brand.

You can probably get a mark Jacobs, coach, Kate spade, michael Kors, Tory burch or Vera Bradley bag at that price point as well.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:58 pm
The Ted baker bags you posted all seem to be "shoppers,"'which means they don't close on top like a regular purse would. Not sure if that makes a difference to you in terms of security (your license, wallet...)

I prefer a "satchel" look, sold by most companies. I'm sure Ted baker has some. Kate spade definitely does

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:03 pm
Ted Baker is a very good brand, I have a lot of things from them. I love the first ted baker bag that you posted. But you would only be able to use it for spring and summer.

LittleMissMama

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:20 pm
My last name brand bag was like the safer one you posted and I totally regret it. I wanted something classic but its just so plain. I love the first one from Ted Baker (great brand). But yes, it's just for spring and summer...

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 12:27 am
I really appreciate everyone's input. You're right about the bag in the first link being only for spring/ summer. I'd love to get something just as elegant and unique that would work for all seasons. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics