Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Five towns\far rockaway house for 500k

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 11:32 pm
Is it possible to find a more or less move in ready 4 bedroom house for 500k or less. My oldest is four so an up and coming neighborhood or the last block in the neighborhood is fine. What areas should I be looking at? We are yeshivish.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 11:47 pm
From what I understand FRI is very very high like brooklyn prices. Try inwood they should have ur price range

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
From what I understand FRI is very very high like brooklyn prices. Try inwood they should have ur price range

Four bedroom house in inwood for 500? Ha! Sorry but def not happening. Maybe one that needs work.

It's crazy, but 500 isn't really enough anymore. I know bec I'm in the same situation. It's really insane.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 8:27 am
I did it, but I bought a dump. If you are willing to look out of the box then you might find something. I would start looking on Zillow.

chayamiriam

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 8:34 am
In Hewlett there are still some houses in that price range but taxes are a bit higher

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 8:55 am
out-of-towner wrote:
I did it, but I bought a dump. If you are willing to look out of the box then you might find something. I would start looking on Zillow.

How much did you pay for your dump. A dump can end up harder to buy because you need to come up for the cash for the downpayment as well as the cash for renovations. Also I would have to pay mortgage on the new house as well as my current rent while the house is being renovated. Im not so convinced buyin a dump will save me much money at the end....correct me if I am wrong.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 8:56 am
chayamiriam wrote:
In Hewlett there are still some houses in that price range but taxes are a bit higher

Does hewlett have yeshivish ppl? Dh learned five years and now works full time at a kodesh job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating