Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is an electric toothbrush effective?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 12:30 am
My 3 and 6 year old dc dont pet me assist them in brushing their teeth. Would you say by getting an electric toothbrush I can hope that it will do a better job ?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:42 am
It might do a better job at cleaning the teeth that they manage to get to, but in all likelihood they are not brushing thoroughly and many teeth are probably neglected. I would work on figuring out how to get them to agree to have you assist. Ask them if they have any ideas.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 2:31 pm
I made a contest fourth days of proper brushing then u get an electric toothbrush. I felt if they worked towards it, they'd be more invested. I got a crayon electric toothbrush.
My ds who needed it the most went for it. His gums are much much cleaner and he recognizes the difference.

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 2:36 pm
It would do a better job since it's more fun so it gets used more often and for longer.
My father told me that the current advice is to floss first.

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 3:32 pm
My dentist told me not to use electric toothbrush for little kids, it's too aggressive and usually too big, and may aggravate their gums if they end up brushing their gums with it. My kids age 8 and up have electric toothbrushes, still have to really be on top of their brushing though

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 3:37 pm
yOungM0mmy wrote:
My dentist told me not to use electric toothbrush for little kids, it's too aggressive and usually too big, and may aggravate their gums if they end up brushing their gums with it. My kids age 8 and up have electric toothbrushes, still have to really be on top of their brushing though

They make electric brushes for toddlers now, with very soft bristles. The favorite cartoon characters on the handles are a huge incentive to use them.

DD told me that she hates electric toothbrushes because the vibration feels too weird in her hand. She's a sensory kid. It had never even occurred to me that it would be an issue, because I love my electric toothbrush, and I feel it does a much better job than a regular one.

I really miss my electric toothbrush on Shabbos mornings, and the first thing I do after havdallah is go brush my teeth!

Zeleze

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 6:31 am
What do you have on your electric brush, Silicone head or the standard plastic brush?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics