Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Iso gift for single teacher

bobeli

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 10:45 am
I want to give a nice gift ($30) to a preschool morah who went out of her way for my 3 year old this year. Any ideas? I'm giving a cookbook to the other morah who is married

essie14

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 10:51 am
Single people cook too
and some married people hate to cook

Why not get both of them a gift card?

cm

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 10:55 am
How about a cookbook?

Do you know her preferences in accessories, books or music? Does she have hobbies?

My favorite gift to give is an Amazon gift card (or for the non-internet crowd, Target or any similar store that has everything for everybody). Unless you know someone well, it's hard to choose a gift that will be appreciated.

bobeli

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:05 am
thank you for the ideas
I know single people cook, but I see it as a married lady gift because the single girl lives at home and her mother has cookbooks or cooks herself.
I don't want a gift card because I want to show how much I appreciate her and I took the time to go buy something.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:33 am
Gift card to somewhere fun with a nice note. My honest opinion is that the other teacher would prefer a gift card to cookbook too.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:34 am
as a teacher I appreciate gift cards most Smile

But if you'd rather get a gift, I think a cookbook is still a great idea for a single woman, even if she lives at home. I would get one that is relatively new, so her family might not have it, and even if not, she could take it with her when she moves out.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:46 am
I have given gift cards to an accessories/ jewelry ( not real) place. I know they were def appreciated

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:56 am
Ask some single twentysomethings of your acquaintance what's the "hot" thing that everyone in their crowd wants these days.

How much do you know about this teacher and her activities? Some great gifts I've gotten in my day were a fabric jewelry roll; a hanging organizer thing with many clear pockets, intended I think for pantyhose but which I used for costume jewelry and makeup; a money belt for carrying cash, cards and passport hidden under clothing; a small zippered wallet with loops that could go over a belt; an unbreakable stainless steel thermos; a travel kit consisting of a zippered pouch fitted with little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, body wash, lotion, a toothbrush, dental floss, ear plugs, a sleep mask, cotton swabs, an emery board and a tiny sewing kit; a lightweight fabric tote bag that folds into its own little self-contained zipper pouch. But then I traveled a lot overnight and over weekends and travel-related things were perfect for me. As cm said, accessories, music and books are nice gifts but it's hard to get it "right" unless you know the person's taste and lifestyle very well. The latest trendy purse or CD would have been regifted immediately.

You could always go for something with a teacher theme like a tote bag that says "World's best teacher". If you do this, get a bag with a zippered top. All the teachers I know want zippered bags even if they're just for files and books.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:59 am
I have sometimes given a recently published book from local judaica store and I give it with a gift receipt so the teacher can exchange it for something else if she wants.

zaq

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 12:02 pm
Why not attach a gift card to a small token package of some kind of treats like chocolate almonds or whatever is the current craze? If she doesn't care for the treats, she can give them away but she still has the gift card. You show that you took the trouble to buy something , and she doesn't get stuck with something she doesn't like. Win-win.

PS Make sure that whatever you give is accompanied by a note--please, not a twee "poem"--expressing exactly what you appreciated about her. Many teachers value these kinds of notes way above the tangible gifts.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 12:09 pm
When I was teaching (and still single) I once got a cookbook as a gift. Even though I didn't need to use it right away, I still appreciated it then (And DEFiNiTELY now!)

It is a reminder of my teaching days every time I use it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics