Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Suggestions?

sugaray

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 1:13 pm
my baby just turned 4 months old and already weighs 20 lbs! till now ive been using the snap 'n go but the car seat is only up to 20 lbs. I need to buy a new stroller. for my older son I had the Graco Quatro which is the worst stroller ever. its a huge, heavy clunker that I never ended up using. (I just used an umbrella because the Graco wasnt worth taking anywhere). I need something that lays down, that is lightweight, easy to load in and out of the car and is decent quality. not too expensive.
any suggestions?

newmom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 1:46 pm
Iglesina Zippy is a great stroller, but I'm not sure if it fits your price range. Great quality, good fold, wheels very smooth. You can usually get last year's model at a significant discount.

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:18 pm
After 7 kids, and needless to say, plenty of strollers, the most trusted and tried one, is still the maclaren, imho. I now have the techno xt model, and am looking into buying either the quest or triumph, bec. they are alot easier to get into and out of the car, due to their weight being lighter.
keep us posted as to what you got and your opinion about it. Thanks.

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:19 pm
And, sorry I forgot to add before, the prices now are very decent. Not very expensive, imo.

sugaray

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 11:56 am
is it crazy to just get an umbrella stroller that leans back? those are really light and cheap. is it really worth spending the money to get a good quality stroller? btw, how much is a maclaren?

mamaluv

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:06 pm
Check out www.babydealz.com

shoy18

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 1:15 pm
I second the zippy, its great, folds easy, isnt to heavy, but still a full size stroller.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 2:52 pm
and for future use, the zippy can also be used to carry a car seat. I love mine. It is worth every penny, but there could be other new strollers I haven't heard of bc I haven't been shopping.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 3:05 pm
I like my Zooper Waltz. Paid under 150 (for a previous year model), weighs 16 lbs., holds infant seat if needed, multi-position recline, easy to open, and has a bar which I prefer over umbrella handles.
Great quality, came with a foot muff, rain cover, and sun cover, and is easy enough for me to carry baby and it down the stairs myself.
Folds flat, but not like an umbrella stroller...

I like this brand because it's a little cheaper than the European ones (MacLaren, Inglesina) and better quality than the regular American ones (Graco, Combi, Kolcraft).

I got mine off of tinyride.com, but see if they have any stroller which suits your purpose.
The Twist might be good for you.

sugaray

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 11:17 pm
does anyone know anything about the chicco c5 or c6?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 11:24 pm
We have a Chicco Cortina- they are especially good for bigger babies. My sil had one stroller for my first nephew, but had to get a bigger one for my second nephew b/c he was too big for the other one. I ended up buying the same exact stroller as her w/o even knowing just b/c it was such a good stroller.

I totally recommend this as a good mid-sized stroller. I wanted a huge one but realized it was too big to carry or put in the car. This one is good, I can lift it and ds is riding in luxury

Dini

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 12:13 am
I got a Zooper Twist on amazon for under $100 a few months ago. it folds and opens easiely and closes very small so its good for the car. it doesn't lean back all the way but good enough. the handles are a bit low and the wheels make the sound of a shopping carriage if you know what I mean. anyway it comes with a rain and bug cover and foot muff. I bought it w/o ever seeing it and I might have not gotten it if I did. glad I got it b/c I didn't want to spend alot and was really desperate but I'm not upset that I got it. good luck, its not easy buying a carriage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics