Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Modest Swim Suits in larger sizes

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 9:55 pm
I am wondering where online I can purchase those modest swimsuits everyone is talking about. Also I am looking for a larger size, like a 3x to be exact. Does that exist? I have not gone swimming for years because I am embarrassed about my weight, but I think with a Modest swimsuit, I might start going again.
BTW please don't tell me to lose weight, I hope to, but in the meantime summer is here and I'd like to take an occasional swim TIA

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:01 pm
http://meanttobemodest.com

I got something really nice there. She sells regular sizes as well as custom sizes. She will sew it exactly to your measurements. I got the princess style suite. It came out so pretty. She is a pleasure to deal with as well.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:03 pm
She will also extend the sleeves, neck, and skirt to whatever you want.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 12:14 am
Hydro chic swimming suits come in plus sizes. It's expensive , but really comfortable, comes in skirt w/ attached leggings and a shirt. I love mine!

Jstar

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 1:10 am
HydroChic inventory looks really nice! I hope you find something and enjoy some swimming this summer!!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 10:41 am
I bought bohn swimwear at amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Bohn-Sw.....=UTF8

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
I am wondering where online I can purchase those modest swimsuits everyone is talking about. Also I am looking for a larger size, like a 3x to be exact. Does that exist? I have not gone swimming for years because I am embarrassed about my weight, but I think with a Modest swimsuit, I might start going again.
BTW please don't tell me to lose weight, I hope to, but in the meantime summer is here and I'd like to take an occasional swim TIA

No swimsuit suggestions, but if you have a few minutes, look up Jennifer Weiner's Wear the Swimsuit hashtag (#weartheswimsuit) from 2016. Weiner is an author, a mother of 2, and a not so tiny woman. She encouraged everyone to go out, put on a swimsuit, and have fun, no matter what size they are. Take a look at all of the beautiful women who responded -- from size 00 to size 28 or whatever. Yes, work to get to a healthier weight. But don't put your life on hold until then. Go out. Enjoy yourself!

(I'd consider buying a bikini top or swim bra to wear under any modest swimsuit or under a rashguard and bottoms. Swimsuitsforall.com will have bikini/bra tops in your size. If that helps.)

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 11:03 am
amother wrote:

Undercover Waterwear makes up to size 3x. I have a skirt from them & I got a rash guard from landsend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics