Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for adult cancer patient

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:39 am
I am looking for gift ideas for a 60 year old woman who is having surgery and starting chemo soon. She has a kindle and tons of books. She's not frum and wouldn't appreciate anything Jewish. There's also nothing kosher in her area so I can't have food delivered.
I would like to spend around $50 but can be more or less I just want her to know we care even though I can't physically be there.

cbg

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:42 am
A gift certificate from
https://www.headcovers.com/hea.....wear/

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:52 am
A spa treatment that will come to her home like a massage?

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:57 am
Any type of gift card that can be used towards something that she would appreciate. Maybe Sephora if she likes makeup, or even Macy's or JCPenny or LLBean so she can buy a nice blanket or comfortable clothing for chemo.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 11:08 am
out-of-towner wrote:
Any type of gift card that can be used towards something that she would appreciate. Maybe Sephora if she likes makeup, or even Macy's or JCPenny or LLBean so she can buy a nice blanket or comfortable clothing for chemo.

I think this is one of those times when an actual gift is a more loving gesture than a gift card. But that's just my opinion.

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 1:29 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I think this is one of those times when an actual gift is a more loving gesture than a gift card. But that's just my opinion.

I hear you, but unless she tells you specifically that there is something she needs or wants, it's hard to gauge what could be helpful to her. For example, I have heard that a nice cozy, portable blanket is good for chemo, but there is no saying that she would want one or need one, or what type/color she would like. Sometimes people would like to purchase things for themselves, but would not want to spend the $$$. A gift card could be a very nice gesture in that case, and these days with everything online, she could shop from her bed which would provide a nice distraction.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
I am looking for gift ideas for a 60 year old woman who is having surgery and starting chemo soon. She has a kindle and tons of books. She's not frum and wouldn't appreciate anything Jewish. There's also nothing kosher in her area so I can't have food delivered.
I would like to spend around $50 but can be more or less I just want her to know we care even though I can't physically be there.

iTunes gift card, so she can download music, movies, or whatever she wants to keep her busy during chemo

A warm blanket

Cozy socks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics