Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Kokosh

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:14 pm
Any other Camp Sternberg girls out there PINING for Sternberg Shabbos morning kokosh cake! Ah, the chocolatiness...the gooiness...they yumminess...washed down with milk...And if you were lucky enough to have a very tall girl in your bunk, you could send her to try to get your bunk seconds by pretending she was a JC (since the waitresses would not recongnize her as already having been there)....YUM! Haven't had anything like it or found any recipe that compares since...But I just found a kokosh recipe in and old(ish) Binah magazine and I made it last week...pretty good...I made it again this week with slight adjustments - rolled the dough thinner and put on twice as much filling as recommended - coming closer! I'm thinking maybe more oil & sugar in the filling next time...and what do you think would happen if I tried confectioner's sugar instead of granulated? As is, I find the filling a bit grainy...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:35 pm
I'll bet . . . there's a lot of things I can't make well .....this is one of them!

myfriends715

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:49 pm
mmmmmmm sternberg kokosh cake.... Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out I'm drooling just thinknig about it...... never tasted another one that came even close

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:56 pm
I don't think I've ever met a Sternberg girl who doesn't have that same reaction at the mere mention of the K-word!

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 2:07 pm
There is a bakery in Monticello that sells the most amazing kokesh cake, they have three kinds, chocolate, very chocolaty, and dripping chocolate. I would not be surprised if that is where Sternberg gets it from.

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 2:13 pm
As I was reading the first sentence of your e-mail, I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if that's where Sternberg gets it from!"

Love your three choices. Reminds me of my choices in crinolines for under my wedding gown - poofy, poofier and poofiest! (Guess which I chose....shoulda lived in the 1800s!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics