Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Addorable but Edgy toddler worries me

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:24 pm
My almost 2 year old is so Edgy. One second She's crying the next seconds she's giggling. (Her laughing seems so fake) she tries to attract me with shrieking and yelling. Although I enjoy her a lot, I constantly worry that she seems uneasy. (Especially since she got a new baby sibling recently) She doesn't stop complaining. When she feels a bit uncomfortable she cries like she's been hurt. She doesn't like to eat, or to do exercise. Is it the typical terrible 2, Or is she extreme?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:30 pm
Sounds normal to me

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:38 pm
What does she like to do?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:46 pm
Two year olds are getting a sense of themselves. They are mobile, they learn expressions and reactions, their senses are alive.Each little mood swing is a test and a learning moment for them. Sometimes this dynamic growth results in tears and frustration. It's a good time to give the child words for their feelings.

ETA: Do some reading on child development. I'm sure some of the younger Imas here can help you with a reading list.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:52 pm
amother wrote:
What does she like to do?

She likes a lot of things like playing with her doll, playing in the ball pit. But most of the day she wants to sit in my bed and watch cartoons. I'm a lot in my bed since I only breastfeed lying down. She used to cry her eyes out to join me in my bed.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:01 am
It sounds like she's not managing well emotionally with the new baby. Yes, I would make it a priority to figure out how to help her feel secure in her attachment to you. That is what will fuel her emotionally so that she can be happily engaged in regular 2 year old activities.

Miri7

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:50 am
Sounds pretty normal, especially with a new baby around. I'd put a blanket over my bed and make it comfy for her to join you to read a book or do something with you while your nurse.

I found my toddlers really responded to that when the new baby arrived - they craved attention, especially when I was nursing.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:29 am
If you're lying in bed most of the day then maybe it would be better for her to go out to a babysitter or daycare program at least part time.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 7:26 am
2 of my toddlers used to almost panic whenever I'd lie down for a nap.
Then came the yelling and screaming until I actually stood upright.

Maybe try not to get into bed. It makes her feel alone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics