Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Attacks in Brooklyn

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:49 am
@KolHaolam: BROOKLYN: BDE: Omari Dahan (23) Frum man was R"L stabbed to death by a neighbor who blocked the victims driveway and he honked at him. (YWN)
---------
Friend of mine shopping in Children's Place. .Kings Plaza went out of line for a sec to look at something. .came back and person behind says u need to go to the back of the line...before she knew it, she was pushed so hard she fell over and broke her wrist! ! Most prob will need surgery!!!! NO ONE RESPONDED!! No one ran after the other woman! ! We love in a sick world! !
We have to just look away at everything, its pikuach nefesh
-------

So, the above stories are going around whatsapp. What is the deal? Is it just scare mongering, or is it something more? The scare tactics are working for me. I don't even know what to think.

jewwoman

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:00 pm
Ignore them

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:02 pm
whats the deal? the first item you posted was reported in the news; its horrible.

the second story - I don't understand where pikuach nefesh comes into it. I'm actually not sure of the writers message of the second story at all. Why does it scare you?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:08 pm
Just as an FYI, Kings Plaza mall has deteriorated over the years. There has been violence and shootings.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:10 pm
The stabbing is tragic! Crying

And the shoving at Kings Plaza Sad

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
@KolHaolam: BROOKLYN: BDE: Omari Dahan (23) Frum man was R"L stabbed to death by a neighbor who blocked the victims driveway and he honked at him. (YWN)
---------
Friend of mine shopping in Children's Place. .Kings Plaza went out of line for a sec to look at something. .came back and person behind says u need to go to the back of the line...before she knew it, she was pushed so hard she fell over and broke her wrist! ! Most prob will need surgery!!!! NO ONE RESPONDED!! No one ran after the other woman! ! We love in a sick world! !
We have to just look away at everything, its pikuach nefesh
-------

So, the above stories are going around whatsapp. What is the deal? Is it just scare mongering, or is it something more? The scare tactics are working for me. I don't even know what to think.

I don't think that the second incident can be described as anti-semitic. I'm Jewish, and I wouldn't appreciate someone getting out of line, then thinking that they can get back in where they were before. Of course, I also wouldn't push. But this unfortunately happens. Walmart at Xmas time is practically a contact sport.

Not sure if the first was anti-semitic, either.

Unfortunately, what I've learned is to let rude and offensive people get away with it. I was in line at the farmer's market yesterday. A woman who seemed to have only one item was 2 people in front of me. When it was her turn, her daughter came with 10 or 12 more items, then they asked where the spinach was, because she apparently hadn't finished her shopping. Not worth a fight. Then, someone just walked in front of the woman immediately ahead of me, again with armfuls of stuff. Not worth the risk.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:39 pm
I'm a block neighbor of Omri- indeed there are parking issues here, but I never thought it would lead to this. Omri was a fine , friendly, kind young man and adored by all. He will be sorely missed.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:43 pm
The first story is tragic r'l. Terrible terrible.
The second story it's bad the way the other women responded, but I'm sorry to say that if she got out of line to get something she should nicely go to the back of the line. It's too bad on her if she forgot something. I get upset when people do it & I won't let them back in front of me.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 1:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Just as an FYI, Kings Plaza mall has deteriorated over the years. There has been violence and shootings.

That's a shame, I heard the neighborhood was gentrifying a few years ago when the Barclays center was built.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
That's a shame, I heard the neighborhood was gentrifying a few years ago when the Barclays center was built.

While the neighborhood is still very rough, it is getting better.
Kings Plaza it not near Barclays, but the surrounding Mill Basin area has been picking up more.
But rowdy youth from the area seem to have taken over the mall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics