Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
School chessed programs - whats their job?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 7:30 am
I'm following a post on fb about girls high school chessed programs. I got the feeling that the programs arent putting girls in homes anymore to help the mom - just to play with the kids and do homework. If thats the case, why on ima do I see people suggesting to overwhelmed moms to call for a chessed girl to
Help with baths/dishes etc? What is appropriate to ask the girl to do?

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 7:35 am
playing with kids and providing homework help is helping the mom.

animeme

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 7:58 am
You get an extra person in the house. If mom is having trouble with baths, having someone play with the other kids helps her to give all hwr attention there. Same with dishes. The girls may not do the housework, but pave the way for you to be able to do it. Although some prefer housework to kids, so you never know.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 7:58 am
amother wrote:
I'm following a post on fb about girls high school chessed programs. I got the feeling that the programs arent putting girls in homes anymore to help the mom - just to play with the kids and do homework. If thats the case, why on ima do I see people suggesting to overwhelmed moms to call for a chessed girl to
Help with baths/dishes etc? What is appropriate to ask the girl to do?

Playing with the kids and helping with homework isn't helping the mom?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 9:09 am
animeme wrote:
You get an extra person in the house. If mom is having trouble with baths, having someone play with the other kids helps her to give all hwr attention there. Same with dishes. The girls may not do the housework, but pave the way for you to be able to do it. Although some prefer housework to kids, so you never know.

I think thats the point that people are making. That the girls arent there to do housework. They are there to help play with kids so mom can do the housework.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
I think thats the point that people are making. That the girls arent there to do housework. They are there to help play with kids so mom can do the housework.

I wouldn't want that at all. Helping is doing what the person needs. The person isn't your good action of the day or your mitzva fodder. But again I don't get those schools making you do non academic stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children