Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for Cherry hill, Wynnewood, other similar area info

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 2:38 pm
Firstly how does one go about deciding which locations to consider moving to if you don't know anything about other communities?
We live in Baltimore now but we feel like it's becoming bigger and more "yeshivish" and we just never found our "group" here. With the cost of housing and schooling we don't know how we'll make it here. There is no school here that we feel would really fit our family (our only child is still a toddler). Silver Spring, Maryland would be more of a fit for us but the costs of living there are even more than in Baltimore.

Just from looking around online I came upon the Cherry Hill and Wynnewood communities. I know that in PA there are other Jewish communities other than Wynnewood- which ones would you recommend I look into?

I'm thinking the best way to find out more about a place is to visit there, go for a weekend maybe (fri-monday so we can check out the schools on monday at least). Just want to know WHICH communities to even look into.

Anyone from any of these areas that I can talk to to find out more (or a similar community in that area?)

mandksima

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 4:53 am
PM me and I'll give you a name and number of someone who can answer questions gladly.

philamom

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 7:45 am
Look into our community in Northeast Philadelpha- Warm and friendly, out of town community thats close to NY/NJ

-Due to Pennsylvania state tax credits for education, we have amazing tuition scholarships. Schools really work with every person here and make it work.

-3-4 Bedroom homes here range from 185k-250k. Property Taxes range from $1700-$2700 a year.

-Spacious Home rentals with full amenities, parking, private entrances. 2 bedrooms range from $750-$900 per month, 3 bedrooms range from $900-$1200.

-We are just outside center city Philadelphia- one of the largest cities in the US, so lots of job opportunities!

-We have lots of kosher food at affordable prices (For example, empire chicken ranges from $1.99lb-2.49lb in our local shoprite). We also have restaurants, and lots of jewish infrastructure.

We'd really love to grow our community, which has so much to offer Jewish families who are looking for more affordable, out-of-town living, but not too far from big Jewish communities.
here you can live a much less stressful life and still be able to afford rent or buy a home.

Email info@biozshul.org and they can help you arrange visiting for a weekend and answer any questions you may have. Lots of luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating