Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tight job markets OOT

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:21 pm
We live in Queens and hope to move out of town in the near future. I keep on hearing that the job markets in out of town communities are not good (such as Cleveland, Waterbury, Rochester etc.) My husband is a physician assistant and I am a nurse. I have always assumed that there are healthcare jobs everywhere and we would just figure out where we want to move first and then find jobs. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is it that specific jobs types are hard to come by out of town such as chinuch or professional accountant, lawyer etc. or is it all jobs and the entire job market is not good. Thanks!

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:38 pm
Out of town is not a single location. Markets are different in different cities.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:42 pm
You should not have a problem in healthcare. I have two sisters that.are speech therapists.that moved to the midwest and got a.job in no time. A friend of mine is a.nurse and got.a.job oot in no time. I.think the market is much tighter oot in the.busimess world eapecially for people without degrees. Obviously dont move until at least one of you have a job secured but I.would not be too.concerned.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:14 am
You would easily get employed with those jobs in Baltimore. Nursing is way easier outside the tri-state area.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 1:14 am
Dallas is great for healthcare professions, the healthcare industry is growing quickly here

nylon

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 8:16 am
Nursing can vary by city--it's not all easier outside the tri state area, and it depends if you are a new grad or experienced. New grad jobs are dicey in a bunch of places.

For therapists, NY offers more of certain types of jobs because they have a more expansive range of child and school based services. However, New York, especially the city, also often has a bigger supply of therapists.

Every job market is place specific and you should always make specific enquiries. Healthcare is generally a good field, but the specific type of job you want may be more or less in demand in a specific place.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 9:04 am
Thanks all. I really appreciate the responses. Waterbury is high on our list. Does anyone know specifically about the job market around there for health care professionals?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 11:56 am
The job market in Rochester is excellent in the healthcare arena. I really can't give specific details to maintain anonymity, however as a nurse you should be just fine, and depending on his specialty/experience, your husband should be ok.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 1:33 pm
Easily employed in Orlando

sim

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 7:50 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks all. I really appreciate the responses. Waterbury is high on our list. Does anyone know specifically about the job market around there for health care professionals?

The health care job market is very good in Waterbury. There are 2 hospitals in town, and there are several other excellent ones within a reasonable commute.

amother
White

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 8:21 pm
Clevelamd is a good place to live if you work in healthcare. There are three big hospitals. Lots of frum doctors, nurses and therapists. My husband and I both work in healthcare and had easy time finding work here.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 8:27 am
try to apply for jobs where you want to move and see what you can get. It shouldn't be an issue but always a good idea to have a job before you move somewhere. You also need to see how much you will be paid in comparison with what your living expenses there will be.

shaimac1

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 1:59 pm
amother wrote:
We live in Queens and hope to move out of town in the near future. I keep on hearing that the job markets in out of town communities are not good (such as Cleveland, Waterbury, Rochester etc.) My husband is a physician assistant and I am a nurse. I have always assumed that there are healthcare jobs everywhere and we would just figure out where we want to move first and then find jobs. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is it that specific jobs types are hard to come by out of town such as chinuch or professional accountant, lawyer etc. or is it all jobs and the entire job market is not good. Thanks!

Hi! So I live in South Bend, IN and we are a growing Torah Community and I work full time to assist families with relocating here! We have found that BE"H there is a huge need a large shortage of nurses and PA's in our area. This year alone I had a nurse relocate from NY with an ASSOCIATES DEGREE in Nursing not a BSN and within 48 hours of her interviews had two job offers..as an example. If you have experience there should be no issue at all. Healthcare is the area to go into where there will always be jobs. If you want to learn more about our community feel free to PM me or check out our website at www.cdisouthbend.com! Good luck with your search!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:21 pm
shaimac1 wrote:
Hi! So I live in South Bend, IN and we are a growing Torah Community and I work full time to assist families with relocating here! We have found that BE"H there is a huge need a large shortage of nurses and PA's in our area. This year alone I had a nurse relocate from NY with an ASSOCIATES DEGREE in Nursing not a BSN and within 48 hours of her interviews had two job offers..as an example. If you have experience there should be no issue at all. Healthcare is the area to go into where there will always be jobs. If you want to learn more about our community feel free to PM me or check out our website at www.cdisouthbend.com! Good luck with your search!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating