Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to cut new wig

iamawesome

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 5:35 pm
I'm buying a new wig, which I don't do often. I would like for it to be for every day, but stylish enough to wear for dressier occasions if needed. I only have one other wig. What is in style now? The shaitle macher (in Flatbush) said I should have some idea before the appointment. She added baby hairs to have more options. Now what? Thank you!

bamba

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 5:38 pm
It's in now not to do a fringe. More longer layers at the front or a fringe off the face. Also the whole way around generally longer layers not loads of short ones. If you have instagram check out dini wigs to get an idea

iamawesome

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:10 pm
Thanks! Any other ideas?

bamba

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:13 pm
Tell the stylist to cut it slowly. And not to cut lots at one go. Get it cut wear it and then go back to cut more. That's better than regretting it.
Where I work we have a policy that you can come back within 3 months up to 3 times to get it re cut.

judys

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 7:02 pm
What's a fringe? Rolling Eyes

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 9:01 pm
Middle part, off the face, is very in now. Also, if you like the look, try to get something with body and nice loose, natural curls that you can wash and air dry yourself.

Maryann

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 9:58 pm
judys wrote:
What's a fringe? Rolling Eyes

Bangs

iamawesome

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:26 pm
So bangs are not in style?

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:28 pm
iamawesome wrote:
So bangs are not in style?

Not really; off the face is much more in. I do still see people getting cuts with full bangs with a middle part but not as much.

lucky14

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:01 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Not really; off the face is much more in. I do still see people getting cuts with full bangs with a middle part but not as much.

So my sheitels with bangs are totally out? I mean I noticed that not many other people have them anymore but is it HORRIBLY dated now?

What do you do when your sheitel is no longer in "style" just wear it and don't care? it's not like I can get the bangs removed and the shitel is still totally fine. Just wondering how weird it is to keep wearing it.

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:13 pm
lucky14 wrote:
So my sheitels with bangs are totally out? I mean I noticed that not many other people have them anymore but is it HORRIBLY dated now?

What do you do when your sheitel is no longer in "style" just wear it and don't care? it's not like I can get the bangs removed and the shitel is still totally fine. Just wondering how weird it is to keep wearing it.

Not weird at all, lots of people aren't wearing the latest look. Its not like a 20 year old style. If you do want to, you can always bring it to your shaitel macher and have her part it in the middle so the bang isn't as intense. But if the bang looks good on you as is, keep it!

iamawesome

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:17 pm
How long is this style expected to last? It's such a distinct style and I likely won't be getting a new wig in the next few years... bangs are so classic. But I'm not exactly an expert....

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:23 pm
iamawesome wrote:
How long is this style expected to last? It's such a distinct style and I likely won't be getting a new wig in the next few years... bangs are so classic. But I'm not exactly an expert....

I can't know for sure... Maybe a trendsetting shaitel macher will weigh in here.

But being as over the past decade or so the styles have swung drastically from side bangs to no bangs to full bangs to no bangs, I can't imagine it will be that long. I wouldn't do anything drastic now. People are still wearing full bangs so just wear what you are most comfortable in.

ETA- if you do go with the no bangs look, maybe ask the shaitel macher if it would be possible to have bangs or side bangs cut in later? Just a thought

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 3:51 am
It's easier to cut bangs than to replace the bangs with longer hair. Try for a face frame and long layers. You can always go shorter.
To make it dressy, get more flips and curls when you get it set.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 4:02 am
My best suggestion is to do sheitel cutting slowly. Nothing hasty. Look around you and see what others are wearing that YOU find nice. Listen to your gut feeling. Pray for siat ha'dishmaya in this matter. Take the time ou need, don't anybody press and stress you in this matter.
Remember that everything with is the last fashion will soon be out of fashion. Classical haircuts that suit the shape of your face if a safe card.
I have had the same hair style for more then 20 yrs before I got married (carree-cut) and my wig has the same style.

Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 4:15 am
I see a lot of sheitels with hair pulled back off the hairline (in a clip of some sort) and no bangs at all, with some baby hair added to the hairline. Obviously doesn't work if you have a pronounced widow's peak like me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels