Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Going to israel with my dH for two weeks

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 11:20 am
Am already older -- What can we do ? I could walk for about a half hour before sitting down.
Can't do mountains but love water ?
Will have a car -
Any ideas for cool trips that are fun thanks

mandksima

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 12:48 pm
Netanya along the water has lots of benches on their promenade. Hertzelia Marina has beautiful boat docks with places to sit. Boat rides too depending on the season.

eimhabonim

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 1:44 pm
The stalactite caves near Beit Shemesh are really nice and an easy walk, about half an hour.

bamba

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 2:00 pm
Haifa next to the water and there's a cable car trip there as well.
Rosh hanikra also is gorgeous though I'm not sure how much walking there is or how hilly it is. There's also a cable car trip there.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 4:16 pm
I second hertziliah.
I don't remember the hotel we stayed at, but we spend all day at the hotel pool overlooking the stunning marina and at the nearby beach.

So beautiful.

ora_43

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 3:12 am
Are stairs OK? If so, I recommend the artists' colonies in Tzfat and/or Yafo.

Rosh Hanikra is nice. There's a cable car down the mountain, and then the path through the caves themselves is fairly flat.

I also love visiting the shuk in Jerusalem. If you like trying new and different foods, it's the place to be, they have kosher Mexican food, Kurdish food, Lebanese food...

The Kotel and Old City, of course.

There are tours of the Supreme Court and the Knesset in English. The tours are about an hour long but very low-impact.

The Israel Museum (in Jerusalem) is worth visiting; so is Yad Vashem. I also liked the Diaspora museum in Tel Aviv.

Haifa and Tel Aviv both have promenades where you can just walk along the beach. (most cities on the beach have this).

If getting a tour guide is an option, you could do a driving tour or two. I know tour guides who do tours of Haifa, Jerusalem and other cities, if you want.

One other idea - you could fly to Eilat for a couple days (or drive, but that takes a long time and it's not a nice drive). The Eilat aquarium and dolphin beach are both great, and it's also nice just walking along the promenade there.

DrMom

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 7:11 am
ora_43 wrote:
Are stairs OK? If so, I recommend the artists' colonies in Tzfat and/or Yafo.

Rosh Hanikra is nice. There's a cable car down the mountain, and then the path through the caves themselves is fairly flat.

I also love visiting the shuk in Jerusalem. If you like trying new and different foods, it's the place to be, they have kosher Mexican food, Kurdish food, Lebanese food...

The Kotel and Old City, of course.

There are tours of the Supreme Court and the Knesset in English. The tours are about an hour long but very low-impact.

The Israel Museum (in Jerusalem) is worth visiting; so is Yad Vashem. I also liked the Diaspora museum in Tel Aviv.

Haifa and Tel Aviv both have promenades where you can just walk along the beach. (most cities on the beach have this).

If getting a tour guide is an option, you could do a driving tour or two. I know tour guides who do tours of Haifa, Jerusalem and other cities, if you want.

One other idea - you could fly to Eilat for a couple days (or drive, but that takes a long time and it's not a nice drive). The Eilat aquarium and dolphin beach are both great, and it's also nice just walking along the promenade there.

Good list!

The Israel Museum can be a lot of walking -- long walkways just to get from the entrance to the exhibition halls. But they can give you a ride in a little golf-cart-like vehicle if you are mobility issues.

The Diaspora Museum has changed quite a bit. Now it focuses less on aliyah and more on famous Jews all around the world, not necessarily those in Israel and not necessarily frum Jews. Not saying that this is god or bad, but you may want to know ahead of time.

How about the first electrical plant at Naharayim?
http://eng.shimur.org/Naharayim
Nice tour, and you get to sit down in the middle.

heartinzion

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 7:59 am
Bullet museum was fascinating.

Karnash

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 11:34 am
If you want to splurge, go to a spa - Yaarot HaCarmel or Bereishit

eimhabonim

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 6:24 am
heartinzion wrote:
Bullet museum was fascinating.

Where is the bullet museum?

heartinzion

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 7:57 am
Near rechovot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions