Home

Public school- should we send?
Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

DrMom

Post  Wed, Oct 11 2017, 4:50 am
I think it depends a lot on the child's personality.

Someone who is easily pressured to fit in with the crowd and who has a shaky foundation in his Jewish identity/yiddishkeit would not be an excellent candidate for this plan.

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, Oct 11 2017, 5:47 am
To add to something brought up earlier: it's not necessarily going to be easy for a frum kid to make friends in public school, even if her classmates are all pretty good kids, which is not a given.

Even though I grew up secular, my parents did not think that TV was a good thing for children, and they limited it quite strictly (I watched the occasional documentary). And while I don't think they're wrong, it was very socially isolating, because the latest show, or the latest boy band, was often the main topic of conversation in elementary school.
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children