Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
When's best time to move pregnancy-wise?

thegiver

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:18 pm
Is postpartum even harder? I don't have a support network family friends etc in the place we are moving and I would be reluctant to accept meals from homes where I don't know their kashrus level.

Thanks!!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:23 pm
thegiver wrote:
Is postpartum even harder? I don't have a support network family friends etc in the place we are moving and I would be reluctant to accept meals from homes where I don't know their kashrus level.

Thanks!!

Most women want to be settled in the place where they are going to take care of their baby, before they have their baby. Its the nesting instinct.

whether or not I'd accept meals from strangers would be low down on my list of concerns.

DB12

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 1:30 am
I would say between 18 to 28 weeks. You want time to nest and be settled but hopefully be over morning sickness.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 4:52 am
I moved cross country both when I had an infant and when 11 weeks pregnant (and severely nauseaus).

Moving when pregnant was far, far easier than moving with a newborn.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 5:10 am
Yes postpartum would be harder.
I moved in my eighth month. I thought it would help me give birth on time (running around unpacking etc) but I was two weeks overdue

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:46 am
I moved in the last week of my 9th month and went into labor 5 days later - not recommended! Smile

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:40 am
I've moved postpartum, in my 9th month, and in the beginning of a pregnancy. The hardest one was definitely postpartum. If there's any way you can move before having the baby, I would recommend that way. Accepting meals really shouldn't be on your list of concerns - I've found that after a few kids people stop accepting meals and either freeze ahead of time, or buy takeout.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:42 am
amother wrote:
I moved in the last week of my 9th month and went into labor 5 days later - not recommended! Smile

Similar story here but it’s fine to induce labor at that point! I would be more worried about moving in months 6-8.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating