Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Dealing with the green monster on the otherside

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 4:46 pm
Typically I am on the side when the green monster rears it's head, jealous that my friends are engaged... etc... But of course always happy..

this time I was on the other side..
A single mom in my community is jealous of "all" that I have. But she does not get that it's becuase I am careful with my finances, and and what I eat...

She sat down with me and said, you have to eat more, I do not like that your starving yourself..

But I am not starving myself, I am eating healthier and B"H loosing weight..

I get the feeling she's jealous and wants me bck up to my old weight, so we can be "buddies" again.

Feels so weird to be on the other side.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 4:47 pm
Are they truly jealous? They don't not want you to have good things, they just want them for themselves, too, I would imagine.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 4:51 pm
seriously I always feel like she's angry that I am doing so well with my three, while she stuggles with just one. She does not understand how much further along I am with being away from my ex...etc How much therapy, and truely how much we struggled for 2 years..

I typically back off of her because of that, but I am nice when she calls I listen.

oh well

louche

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 1:31 am
You work very hard to get to where you are, don't let yourself backslide just so someone shouldn't be jealous. If she really wants to, she can do what you did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics