Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hotels still taking reservations for Thanksgiving weekend?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:50 pm
Any not outrageously priced Hotels/programs nt NYC still taking reservations for Thanksgiving weekend?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:58 pm
If you check the Facebook group ישראלים מסאבלטים בנוי יורק I just saw a post in there about an available apt in the UWS.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 8:15 am
amother wrote:
Any not outrageously priced Hotels/programs nt NYC still taking reservations for Thanksgiving weekend?

did you check hotwire or expedia?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
did you check hotwire or expedia?

I dont think they list any Kosher Hotels or programs. I searched Kosher on both websites and got no results.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
I dont think they list any Kosher Hotels or programs. I searched Kosher on both websites and got no results.

I don't know that there are any kosher hotels in Manhattan. Several restaurants do offer kosher pre-paid Shabbat meals. I know Talia's does, and there may be other places as well. If you're interested, find a restaurant, then book any nearby hotel.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 1:22 pm
OP here.

I was actually looking for a Thanksgiving weekend somewhere driving distance from NYC, with frum people, like a frum organization taking oer a hotel for Thanksgiving weekend Shabbos, where a single relative who would come with us, might meet people.

As far as staying in a non Jewish hotel over Shabbos, theres too many issues with electricity, to make that easily workable. Ive been thinking about that for a long time but Im hesitant for that reason.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

I was actually looking for a Thanksgiving weekend somewhere driving distance from NYC, with frum people, like a frum organization taking oer a hotel for Thanksgiving weekend Shabbos, where a single relative who would come with us, might meet people.

As far as staying in a non Jewish hotel over Shabbos, theres too many issues with electricity, to make that easily workable. Ive been thinking about that for a long time but Im hesitant for that reason.

You've never stayed in a hotel for Shabbos?

I get that you want a program, that's a different thing. But staying in a hotel over Shabbos isn't usually a big deal. If that's your issue, we could all give you tips and feedback as to how to make it work

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 2:52 pm
https://www.star-k.org/article.....tels/

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 3:04 pm
doctorima wrote:
https://www.star-k.org/articles/kashrus-kurrents/501/the-travelers-halachic-guide-to-hotels/

Oy vey. Between the possible electric toilets, security cameras, and the rest of the list that has to be researched and prepared, and the most common problem of door keys, Id be nervous to consider staying in a non Kosher hotel over Shabbos. Its way too complicated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries