Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Vitamix vs ninja

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 1:05 pm
Any advice?

studying_torah

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 1:36 pm
Some people say theVitamix has better blades that last longer, even if used very heavily.
I guess it depends how often you plan on using your blender and in what capacity.
I like my Ninja, but I don't use it that often so I don't need the expensive Vitamix.

my mama

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 2:02 pm
Mom has vitamix, I have the ninja. The vitamix is more heavy duty and ninja is more all purpose. They both are great, though.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 4:02 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Some people say theVitamix has better blades that last longer, even if used very heavily.
I guess it depends how often you plan on using your blender and in what capacity.
I like my Ninja, but I don't use it that often so I don't need the expensive Vitamix.

Thanks for responding. My kids make drinks with ice almost every day. I'd probably use it for cooking once or twice a week. Idk if that's considered regular use or heavy duty use.

my mama

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for responding. My kids make drinks with ice almost every day. I'd probably use it for cooking once or twice a week. Idk if that's considered regular use or heavy duty use.

If you use it with ice I think vitamix is a better option for long term

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 4:26 pm
my mama wrote:
If you use it with ice I think vitamix is a better option for long term

Maybe I should start a new thread but which model do you recommend? So many choices!

my mama

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 10:55 am
Highly Rated Vitamix 5200 Blender is Now $298.95 at Amazon After $151 Cyber Monday Discount!

cbg

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:15 pm
I love my vitamix.
The only thing, when I make heavy sauces or nut butters It's hard to get it all out because it's so deep.
I love that it has a turn off feature. If the motor is working too hard, it will shut down until it cools off. This protects the motor.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 9:39 pm
Ninja quality must have gone down the toilet. I had a Ninja Professional Blender (BL 613) for years and gave it away and replaced it with a new one.

Its dead as a doorknob after 3 months. I bought it in May. The power light blinks, and sometimes it does start moving but it spins 3 times and stops dead. I sweet talked an Amazon Supervisor bec Im a great Prime customer to offer me a refund.

What do I buy now? I make smoothies often. The Vitamix is $400. Any specials because of Labor Day?

aliavi

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:38 pm
cbg wrote:
I love my vitamix.
The only thing, when I make heavy sauces or nut butters It's hard to get it all out because it's so deep.
I love that it has a turn off feature. If the motor is working too hard, it will shut down until it cools off. This protects the motor.

There is an option to buy a separate and smaller container.

ETA: OLD thread

Last edited by aliavi on Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

aliavi

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:43 pm
I had the ninja until the blades dulled and it died and now have two Vitamix blenders. It’s been so worth it. I make veggie soups, chop veggies, and even mix pancake batter. When you learn to use the settings it can replace several appliances. Today I made warm apple cider in it. Costco has deals. QVC sometimes has add ins for the same cost.

aliavi

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:45 pm
[quote="amother [ Amber ]"]Ninja quality must have gone down the toilet. I had a Ninja Professional Blender (BL 613) for years and gave it away and replaced it with a new one.

Its dead as a doorknob after 3 months. I bought it in May. The power light blinks, and sometimes it does start moving but it spins 3 times and stops dead. I sweet talked an Amazon Supervisor bec Im a great Prime customer to offer me a refund.

What do I buy now? I make smoothies often. The Vitamix is $400. Any specials because of Labor Day?[/quote

My mother says the Ninja Bullet quality is still good if that fits your needs.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:40 am
Bump, Vitamix vs Ninja and if Vitamix which one that is on the cheaper side..?

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:43 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Bump, Vitamix vs Ninja and if Vitamix which one that is on the cheaper side..?

If you buy ninja make sure your seller is not carrying counterfeits. Then it might be good enough. (If buying on Amazon find a reputable seller, might not be the cheapest, might be a couple extra $)

If vitamix, buy the legacy. It is the cheapest one and most loved by long term loyalists to the brand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen