Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What time should a 3 mo. old go to sleep?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 1:04 pm
when my baby was about a month I put her to sleep when I went to sleep around 12am. but she had a hard time falling asleep. I read up about it and it seems she was overtired so she would cry and twist and turn. so I started putting her to sleep at 10pm and it was better for a week or so but now she's crying and unhappy again. so I started putting her to sleep at 830-9 but it's not helping. she doesn't nap well either in the afternoon. tops 40 minutes. she's a pretty good baby eating and smiling until night time when she needs to sleep, you can tell on her movements and type of crying but she just cant fall and stay asleep. how early does it make sense to put a 3 month old to sleep for the night? as in no play time or socializing after?

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 1:11 pm
I usually put the baby to sleep after the big kids so around 8:30-9. I found that my baby had a hard time sleeping when he was gassy. I used the gerber soothe drops and it made a huge difference.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 2:15 pm
how can I know if it's cuz she's gassy or overtired? the way her eyes shut slowly and suddenly pop open makes me think she's tired. so why can't she settle down?

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
how can I know if it's cuz she's gassy or overtired? the way her eyes shut slowly and suddenly pop open makes me think she's tired. so why can't she settle down?

Try burping her if you think she is gassy. Also have you tried swaddling?

trixx

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 2:18 pm
Read the baby whisperer answers all your questions

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 2:27 pm
dancing, she hates being in a swaddle. kicks her little arms till it's completely lose. even when I leave her hands out it somehow falls apart. Trixx, I'm reading the book. because of the book I realized that it's possible for a baby to not be able to sleep cuz they're too tired. so I stay with her till she's fast asleep for 20 minutes, I tiptoe out of the dark quiet room and a few minutes later she's awake.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 2:36 pm
Put her to sleep 1.5 hours after she wakes up. Every time.
Ex: she wakes up at 6 am, gets nap at 7:30 am. Wakes up at 8:30 am, gets another nap at 10:00 am. Etc.
then follow her patterns.
Eventually she will become rested and go to sleep well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics