Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
KRM Order

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:29 am
Can someone please explain this to me? I received KRM's latest sale flyer via email yesterday. I went through it and made a list and emailed an order to KRM late last night, including sale and non-sale items. It would have been a few hundred dollars at the minimum.
This morning I awoke to an email stating "Sorry, we do not offer sale items, you need a minimum of $200 non-sale items." Now I know most stores do have a minimum and I have no problem with that - $15, $25, even $50 - but if the whole order is going to be about $300 or more, is it reasonable for them to refuse my order because much of it is from the sale items, even though at least $100 would have been non-sale? Most of it was meat, btw.
I can't get out now, so I'm going to have to order from somewhere else.
(I am anonymous b/c of location.)

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:42 am
What part do you want explained?

It’s poor customer relations what they did to you - but they can makes whatever policies they want.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
What part do you want explained?

It’s poor customer relations what they did to you - but they can makes whatever policies they want.

Nowhere on their flyer or website does it say anything about a minimum. I spent time going through it and making my list and when I questioned it this morning they didn't even bother to reply. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is reasonable.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:48 am
Afaik their policy is actually that specials are only in store and not by email orders.
It usually says that on the flyer.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:51 am
http://www.krmonline.com/

Specifically says on the home page (left middle) that sale items are not honored when placing orders.

http://www.krmonline.com/weekl.....cials

On top of the flyer it says that they are in store specials.

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 11:56 am
Their website states that the flyer is for "weekly in-store specials," and that they do not honor sale items for online, faxed, and emailed orders. Their policy can be whatever they want it to be, but I also happen to think it's a fair policy based on how deeply they discount items, especially meat, compared to other stores.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
Nowhere on their flyer or website does it say anything about a minimum. I spent time going through it and making my list and when I questioned it this morning they didn't even bother to reply. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is reasonable.

It’s reasonable that the have a minimum order for delivery. They should post what that amount is. $200 of regular priced items does sound high. Maybe a better question is how does it compare to other local stores?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:01 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Their website states that the flyer is for "weekly in-store specials," and that they do not honor sale items for online, faxed, and emailed orders. Their policy can be whatever they want it to be, but I also happen to think it's a fair policy based on how deeply they discount items, especially meat, compared to other stores.

I misspoke about the website, I only saw the flyer that was emailed to me, which I just checked again and does not say anywhere that these specials cannot be honored via email, nor does it say in-store specials anywhere. It just has a lot of items listed with sale prices. I understand a minimum, but if a whole order will be a few hundred dollars I cannot understand turning a customer away b/c the non-sale items don't equal $200 - which is not specified anywhere. I guess their customer base is so big that they don't care about losing one. I've placed orders with them before and never got this response, and I've placed orders with several other groceries in the neighborhood and never had an issue.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
It’s reasonable that the have a minimum order for delivery. They should post what that amount is. $200 of regular priced items does sound high. Maybe a better question is how does it compare to other local stores?

No comparison. I've ordered online from Paperific, Breadberry, Moisha's (which is the same owner as KRM afaik) and the minimum is maybe $50 max. I agree a minimum is reasonable. But not a minimum of $200 non-sale items.

cnc

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
I misspoke about the website, I only saw the flyer that was emailed to me, which I just checked again and does not say anywhere that these specials cannot be honored via email, nor does it say in-store specials anywhere. It just has a lot of items listed with sale prices. I understand a minimum, but if a whole order will be a few hundred dollars I cannot understand turning a customer away b/c the non-sale items don't equal $200 - which is not specified anywhere. I guess their customer base is so big that they don't care about losing one. I've placed orders with them before and never got this response, and I've placed orders with several other groceries in the neighborhood and never had an issue.

They probably make so little profit on each sale item (but make up for it in quantity) that the labor entailed in putting together a large order with many sale items is financially not worthwhile. (Don't forget that putting together and checking out an order takes manpower which is $.)

cnc

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:06 pm
[quote="amother"]No comparison. I've ordered online from Paperific, Breadberry, Moisha's (which is the same owner as KRM afaik) and the minimum is maybe $50 max. I agree a minimum is reasonable. But not a minimum of $200 non-sale items.[/quote

Lol are you really comparing KRM and Breadberry?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
No comparison. I've ordered online from Paperific, Breadberry, Moisha's (which is the same owner as KRM afaik) and the minimum is maybe $50 max. I agree a minimum is reasonable. But not a minimum of $200 non-sale items.

Then I guess you have the answer to your question... especially if regular price items cost the same across all these stores.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:07 pm
[quote="cnc"]
amother wrote:
No comparison. I've ordered online from Paperific, Breadberry, Moisha's (which is the same owner as KRM afaik) and the minimum is maybe $50 max. I agree a minimum is reasonable. But not a minimum of $200 non-sale items.[/quote

Lol are you really comparing KRM and Breadberry?

I placed a large order with Breadberry of almost entirely sale items and only a small amount of non-sale items - the sale items were excellent prices, and had no issue. So yes, for this topic I am comparing the two. Unless you mean in the customer service department.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:22 pm
cnc wrote:
They probably make so little profit on each sale item (but make up for it in quantity) that the labor entailed in putting together a large order with many sale items is financially not worthwhile. (Don't forget that putting together and checking out an order takes manpower which is $.)

I do understand that and I guess I'm not quite so horrified since opening the email this morning lol. But I do think this is poor business practice and they should at least make it very clear on the flyer they email around. I would not have spent time preparing an order. And of course many of the things I was going to order from the meat department I would not have considered not on sale, so the difference in $ is significant.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
I do understand that and I guess I'm not quite so horrified since opening the email this morning lol. But I do think this is poor business practice and they should at least make it very clear on the flyer they email around. I would not have spent time preparing an order. And of course many of the things I was going to order from the meat department I would not have considered not on sale, so the difference in $ is significant.

Help them out! Send a polite email letting them know what they could change (post delivery minimums) to make a better experience for you and othe customers.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 12:40 pm
amother wrote:
Help them out! Send a polite email letting them know what they could change (post delivery minimums) to make a better experience for you and othe customers.

Maybe when I'm feeling less annoyed at them! Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 1:35 pm
They don't have a minimum for ordering via email. They do have a minimum for sale prices (they usually just say they don't honor sale prices on email orders).
FYI meat department and produce department you'll still get the special prices so for me really worthwhile, especially because their regular prices, for everything in general, are good.
Emailing is not for everyone. Smile You have to see if it works for you or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries