Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
HELP FINDING STORE FOR wedding gown

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:20 pm
I wanted to ask all you imamothers if you know of stores that I could go to for a wedding gown for a sibiling's wedding.

I am talking about non jewish stores as I don't want to spend so much. I figured after x-mas or around that time, there are a lot of sales. I live in New York.

I was thinking of Macys, but does anyone know of any store that is good.

I saw a lot of nice gowns online that are reasonable, but I can't buy them online because I look different in the gown than it shows in the picture.

Thanks

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
I wanted to ask all you imamothers if you know of stores that I could go to for a wedding gown for a sibiling's wedding.

I am talking about non jewish stores as I don't want to spend so much. I figured after x-mas or around that time, there are a lot of sales. I live in New York.

I was thinking of Macys, but does anyone know of any store that is good.

I saw a lot of nice gowns online that are reasonable, but I can't buy them online because I look different in the gown than it shows in the picture.

Thanks

Macy's has free shipping on returns, so order a bunch (different sizes too) and ship back whatever doesn't work.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 6:37 am
Thanks for the reply.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:24 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Macy's has free shipping on returns, so order a bunch (different sizes too) and ship back whatever doesn't work.

Same for Lord and Taylor. That's what we did for my sister's wedding.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
Same for Lord and Taylor. That's what we did for my sister's wedding.

They do not have free return SHIPPING. You can return free to the store. For my recent order they enclosed a return shipping label with a note on it that if I used it then a certain amount (probably varies by amount of order; mine was around $9) would be deducted from the return.

However, if you have Shoprunner, then you can do a free Lord & Taylor return through them (or return free to the store).

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 11:38 am
Mazel tov. I second Macy's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics