Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for chessed

amother

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 12:18 am
Our family had a medical situation, and a wonderful high school girl came and served as a big sister to my dd. She was amazing...someone we could call to help us with anything day or night. She is going to seminary in 2 weeks and I want to get something really nice for her to show our hakaras hatov to her. She is one of these super organized and put together girls...also comes from a very financially comfortable family so I don't think anything I'd get her would be something she "needs" Just want to get her something nice. Any ideas? Willing to spend up to $100.

louche

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 8:13 am
How about a personal planner with space for address/phone, a calculator and all that organizing kind of thing? Or a nice foldable bag that opens up big enough to pack for a Shabbat. Or one of those silk travel-sheet things that you can use when you don't trust the linens wherever you are. I think they have that kind of thing in LL Bean or Eddie Bauer. If she's going to EY make it small and light, b/c she has to take all her stuff for a year in no more than 3 bags.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 9:55 am
that's very nice of you!

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 10:51 am
a watch with a note that says "thanks for all your time" ...

amother

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 11:33 am
A personalized embroidered makeup or jewelry roll. my I know someone who does this for a living - you embroider the persons name onto a nice makeup bag. or make towel sets etc.

csb

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 12:46 pm
when I did chessed for a family they gave me a beautiful siddur with a very personal note thanking me for all that I had done for them. I used that siddur when I was in israel and I still use it now. also an anani with all different tefillos is very good for israel becasue you go to so many places where you can use all the different tefillos, like the kevarim of tzadikim, the kosel, kever rochel. I didnt have one with me in israel and I really regret it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics