Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What would you do?

artz

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:02 pm
Every week the same meshulach comes and rings our bell. This week he came and rang our bell Dh went to the door and told him one minute. he ended ringing the doorbell 2 more times after Dh was coming. what would you do. would you give him the money or tell him to go?

Boca00

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:55 pm
Are you sure he heard you say "one minute"?

I often call to people "come in" or "one minute" but they hardly ever seem to hear.

relish

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:57 pm
You can do like the wife of On Ben peles Cool

I doubt he'll come back!

trixx

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:31 pm
I don't give money to them and I don't even open the door. I give my Tzedakah to reputable trustworthy organizations. If dh opens the door he feels bad and gives a few dollars.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:34 pm
trixx wrote:
I don't give money to them and I don't even open the door. I give my Tzedakah to reputable trustworthy organizations. If dh opens the door he feels bad and gives a few dollars.

It's not a fun task to go door to door. It's actually humiliating. If someone comes to my door I will give a buck or two or three.

Is this same meshulach a slow guy or someone normal that is here short term?

MyUsername

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 9:10 am
I would give money, but tell him nicely that ringing the door over and over is upsetting (e.g. kids who needs to nap, kids sensitive to sensory stimulus, and anyone's general sanity from the noise level), and he should please consider that when going door to door.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics