Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Different boys names
Previous  1  2

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 7:23 am
avichai...
avner

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 2:02 pm
[quote="amother"]How about the name Mattan?[/quote]

That is like "given", a gift from Hashem, very common in Israel

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 2:04 pm
I have a Nerya, "light of Hashem" which is from the tanach (Baruch ben Nerya was a scribe) to which we added the middle name Meir because he was so "full of light" when he was born (no, not our first or last son, just special)

ablevaybel

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 10:58 pm
My great-grandfather a"h was Reuel; his father-in-law was Ariel and his father was Aholiab (also spelled "Aholiav" - "tent of the father" - and one of the artists of the Mishkan).

Chani

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:52 pm
We have a Menashe...Everyone who hears his name say "oh, you must've named the other twin Ephraim!"

Uh, no. We had Menashe before we had the twins.

We do occasionally hear of a Menashe, but overall it isn't a very common name.

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 8:49 am
Chani wrote:
We have a Menashe...Everyone who hears his name say "oh, you must've named the other twin Ephraim!"

Uh, no. We had Menashe before we had the twins.

We do occasionally hear of a Menashe, but overall it isn't a very common name.

hm chani my dh is ephraim anf has a good friend menashe....

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 8:53 am
I was once told that yerachmiel is a name from the tenach and is pronounced yerachmeel ie with 2 segols and not one chirik and one segol.

here's another. Rachamim.

and ds1's second name is nissan, funny he wasn't even born in nissan he was born in elul but my foster mother asked me to give the name it was after hwer father and noone in the immediate fam could give it cuz ff is called moshe.well ds2 was born in nissan and everyone said well you should have waited with the name.... go figure that one....

GAMZu

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 9:16 am
miriamnechama wrote:
I was once told that yerachmiel is a name from the tenach and is pronounced yerachmeel ie with 2 segols and not one chirik and one segol.

here's another. Rachamim.

and ds1's second name is nissan, funny he wasn't even born in nissan he was born in elul but my foster mother asked me to give the name it was after hwer father and noone in the immediate fam could give it cuz ff is called moshe.well ds2 was born in nissan and everyone said well you should have waited with the name.... go figure that one....
That just goes to show that each name is special for each child, regardless of any plans or cute correlations.

slush

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 3:12 pm
I quite like the name Gideon but don't know who he was or many people called that (which is fine). unless he wasn't anyone and it just means something.
anyone know?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 5:04 pm
ablevaybel wrote:
My great-grandfather a"h was Reuel; his father-in-law was Ariel and his father was Aholiab (also spelled "Aholiav" - "tent of the father" - and one of the artists of the Mishkan).

wow, that's rare!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 5:07 pm
slush wrote:
I quite like the name Gideon but don't know who he was or many people called that (which is fine). unless he wasn't anyone and it just means something.
anyone know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_(Judges)

http://www.onlysimchas.com/v4/.....ideon

Smile

slush

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 5:18 pm
thanks Ruchel
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names