Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lotion

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:39 am
Can someone recommend a really good and inexpensive lotion for extremely dry cheeks? My pediatrician recommended aquaphor but it hasn’t helped.

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:51 am
We started using this https://www.amazon.com/Eucerin.....;th=1 on my baby's face a few days ago and it has made a big difference. She had terribly dry skin all over her cheeks and chin. We now use this (put it on 3-4 times a day). The other thing that has helped was putting a humidifier into her room at night. It helps keep her from getting so dried out. Hope this helps.

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:41 am
lfab wrote:
We started using this https://www.amazon.com/Eucerin.....;th=1 on my baby's face a few days ago and it has made a big difference. She had terribly dry skin all over her cheeks and chin. We now use this (put it on 3-4 times a day). The other thing that has helped was putting a humidifier into her room at night. It helps keep her from getting so dried out. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I will try, just ordered it.

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:07 am
smileyfaces wrote:
Thank you! I will try, just ordered it.

Hope it works.

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:11 am
I have crazy dry skin in the winter, and nothing worked until I found Eucerin. Put it on immediately after washing baby. Reapply as needed. I also use Weleda Skin Food when the Eucerin isn't doing the job -- my hands get a mess in the winter!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:37 pm
Eucerin is the best for deep moisture. Aquaphor is more of a sealant. Putting it on top of the Eucerin will make the moisture last longer, but by itself doesn't do much good.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:42 pm
I use Aveeno eczema cream for my DSs dry skin.
In general, scented creams are not good for dry skin.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:46 pm
Aveeno is fine for dry skin, but not for rashes. It will cause stinging.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:54 pm
Mustela cold cream
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics