Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers, what am I doing wrong
1  2  3  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:06 pm
After seeing so many Ima’s say they joined weight watchers, I decided to join.
After 1 week I lost 0.4 pounds.
At the meeting im hearing of ppl losing 3 -5 lbs, the first week. What am I doing wrong?

Here is what I eat almost everyday except for Shabbos

Breakfast
2-3 eggs in pam spray
8 oz cantaloupe OR green apple
1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
Coffee

Lunch
4 oz dark chicken with skin
Very big salad
1 TBSP oil

Snack
Green apple
1/2 cup almond milk
coffee

Dinner
4 oz dark chicken with skin
Very big salad
Brócoli or Cauliflower
2 TBSP Mayo

Shabbos
WWpita
Tiny sip of wine
2 oz Salmón
All different types of 0 point veggie salads with a total of
3 TBSP between oil and mayo
2 oz cashews for one of the salads
4 oz chicken thigh meat with skin
Roasted veg- zucchini, mushroom, butternut squash.
Mug cake that was 4 points

Shabbos day
Breakfast
1/2 cup almond milk and coffee

Lunch
Same as dinner

Seuda Shelishit
1 mini WW Pita

Please tell me where I can improve

smileyfaces

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:11 pm
You can try eating more protein. 4oz does not seem like a lot especially since many proteins are zero points.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:16 pm
try cutting the nuts, some of that oil/mayo that was 3 tbsp.- use only 1 tsp or use fat free dressing.

Shani88

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:31 pm
How long have you been eating that way? No sweets at all? Sounds like your doing great and will lose a lot of weight soon!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:37 pm
Larger portions of zero protein and less fats.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:33 pm
Thanks for everyone’s help.
I like eggs, beef and dark chicken the best, that’s why I limited to about 4 oz which is a serving size of protein, like the size of your palm, since larger will cost me more points

I have some health issues, auto-immune . The dr wants me to stay away from starches sugars and legumes.
Also, he wants me to eat 3 TBSP of healthy fat a day and consume large quantities of raw vegetables. I make my own Mayo using avocado and coconut oil.

I feel with so many restrictions I should at least eat the proteins I like the best, but I want to lose weight. I need to lose 35 lbs.

DH thinks my weight loss will be slower because of my inflammation.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 12:11 am
I’m not in ww but when you say inflammation, I say lower the sugars ( even fruit sugars) and increase the vegetables and protein. Going low on carbs is excellent for inflammation and you will likely be surprised at how much better you feel. It looks overall like a healthy food plan. Who cares if the kids is slow? If you’re doing it and it’s sustainable then you will lose weight if you stay on it. My friend on ww also says that tracking perfectly changed everything for her and I agree, though not on we, that tracking is great for accountability and seeing where you are really at. I use my fitness pal.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:43 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’m not in ww but when you say inflammation, I say lower the sugars ( even fruit sugars) and increase the vegetables and protein. Going low on carbs is excellent for inflammation and you will likely be surprised at how much better you feel. It looks overall like a healthy food plan. Who cares if the kids is slow? If you’re doing it and it’s sustainable then you will lose weight if you stay on it. My friend on ww also says that tracking perfectly changed everything for her and I agree, though not on we, that tracking is great for accountability and seeing where you are really at. I use my fitness pal.

The increase in low carb veggies is no problem.
The protein is my problem, since I don’t like chicken breast.
Fish is difficult, a. It’s expensive. b. I don’t like it that much c. The worm video in the salmon freaked me out.
So I eat dark chicken, ground beef and occasional steak, but these have points.
Unless I eat more eggs throughout the day.
Im already eating 2-3 everyday.
5-6 a Day is not too much?
Don’t say, so eat only egg whites, since all the nutrition of the egg is in the yolk, plus I don’t like it.
If I don’t like what I eat it won’t be sustainable

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:53 am
You are adding a lot of fat into your diet. The skin in the chicken should be cut out. Also, what kind of oil and mayo are you using?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:01 am
watergirl wrote:
You are adding a lot of fat into your diet. The skin in the chicken should be cut out. Also, what kind of oil and mayo are you using?

Yes I’m eating the skin
Oil is olive, avocado, coconut- only cold.
NO oil cooking except for the tiny bit of pam for eggs, olive oil pam.
Dr. wants 3 Tbsp of fat a day, could be tehina or avocado as well.

The way I’m eating I’m within my points. I have points leftover at the end of the day. Isn’t that what weight watchers freestyle is all about?
Yesterday I ate 19 out of 23 points.
Shabbos came out to 28 and 30 (but I ate pita and a 2 pt treat)

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:04 am
amother wrote:
Yes I’m eating the skin

The way I’m eating I’m within my points. I have points leftover at the end of the day. Isn’t that what weight watchers freestyle is all about?

I know its within the points, but honestly try for one week not eating the skin. Just try it. I’ll bet it helps. And all of those eggs and dark meat, combined with the skin is a heck of a lot of cholesterol. Even if its within the points, its not healthy. Not balanced.

tryinghard

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
Yes I’m eating the skin

Shabbos came out to 28 and 30 (but I ate pita and a 2 pt treat)

Aren't you supposed to have that 23 points though? I thought you can choose to go above it by using weekly points. I have found if I eat too little I do not lose.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:10 am
[quote="watergirl"]I know its within the points, but honestly try for one week not eating the skin. Just try it. I’ll bet it helps. And all of those eggs and dark meat, combined with the skin is a heck of a lot of cholesterol. Even if its within the points, its not healthy. Not balanced.[/

I’ll try it this week.
Now I’m thinking I ate dinner at 4:30 (finished by 5)and got weighed in at 7.
Is that enough time?
Aldo, DH says it’s the inflammation.

Honestly I don’t trust anything the leader says since she herself is about 100lbs overweight.
I know I’m being judgemental, but it is a weight loss program.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:21 am
Dr. would like to see me drink bone broth, but at 3 points a cup I don’t see it fitting into this plan

Reality

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:21 am
I don't do weight watchers but if you are consistently eating under your points then you aren't eating enough calories a day. Maybe your body is in starvation mode and that's why you aren't losing weight.

I think the goal should be to eat all your points a day with healthy food choices ( not ad in treats to use up your points.).

Reality

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:23 am
amother wrote:
Dr. would like to see me drink bone broth, but at 3 points a cup I don’t see it fitting into this plan

But during the week you have points that you aren't using.Why not use it on the broth?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:24 am
[quote="Reality"]I don't do weight watchers but if you are consistently eating under your points then you aren't eating enough calories a day. Maybe your body is in starvation mode and that's why you aren't losing weight.

I think the goal should be to eat all your points a day with healthy food choices ( not ad in treats to use up your points.).[/

Then I won’t have enough points for Shabbos

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:29 am
Reality wrote:
But during the week you have points that you aren't using.Why not use it on the broth?

It’s so good I’d probably drink too many embarrassed

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:37 am
[quote="amother"]
Reality wrote:
I don't do weight watchers but if you are consistently eating under your points then you aren't eating enough calories a day. Maybe your body is in starvation mode and that's why you aren't losing weight.

I think the goal should be to eat all your points a day with healthy food choices ( not ad in treats to use up your points.).[/

Then I won’t have enough points for Shabbos

I suggest ditching the weight watchers and try what I’ve been doing - I see a registered dietitian. She has a real education, is board certified (a real board, not one of these made up ones that make people “coaches”) and knows how to work with all health issues. You have inflammation issues, you need to work with a medical professional who can create a diet plan tailored specifically for you. The RD that I see spent a lot of time with me and now knows my likes and dislikes, so she wont tell me to eat beans (yuck!) and knows that coffee with real sugar and half and half is very important to me so she worked it in, as is cheese (my one true love). This is not one of these “famous” frum nutritionists (a nutritionist is not a protected title like an RD is). Its the real deal. Someone with health issues would really benefit from this type of professional.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 8:57 am
watergirl wrote:
I suggest ditching the weight watchers and try what I’ve been doing - I see a registered dietitian. She has a real education, is board certified (a real board, not one of these made up ones that make people “coaches”) and knows how to work with all health issues. You have inflammation issues, you need to work with a medical professional who can create a diet plan tailored specifically for you. The RD that I see spent a lot of time with me and now knows my likes and dislikes, so she wont tell me to eat beans (yuck!) and knows that coffee with real sugar and half and half is very important to me so she worked it in, as is cheese (my one true love). This is not one of these “famous” frum nutritionists (a nutritionist is not a protected title like an RD is). Its the real deal. Someone with health issues would really benefit from this type of professional.

Yes I’m waiting for an appointment but decided to try this meanwhile- until theres an opening.
Insurance issues.
Out of pocket would be $200 and $80 each follow up
So mean while I’m trying to do dr’s recommendations with in weight watchers rules, since I really need to get these 35lbs off my back hurts too much
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise