Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers, what am I doing wrong
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:30 am
you can also eat lentils, chickpeas etc for lunch. What about canned tuna? I mix ground lean beef and ground chicken breast and make meatballs, bolognese etc. I don't like chicken breast either.

also if you weighed in last week before supper and this week after, you won't show a big loss. You need to weigh in at the same time re mealtimes each week.

In any case, ww is not meant to be a quick loss program. If you consistantly lose 1/2-1 lb a week, that is great.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 12:03 pm
Raisin wrote:
you can also eat lentils, chickpeas etc for lunch. What about canned tuna? I mix ground lean beef and ground chicken breast and make meatballs, bolognese etc. I don't like chicken breast either.

also if you weighed in last week before supper and this week after, you won't show a big loss. You need to weigh in at the same time re mealtimes each week.

In any case, ww is not meant to be a quick loss program. If you consistantly lose 1/2-1 lb a week, that is great.

I can’t have any legumes, they cause me too much inflamation.
I weigh myself at the same time, 2 hrs after supper

It’s just frustrating because I hear others losing 3-5 lbs the first week, and me0.4 not even 1/2.
I know I shouldn’t only look at myself, but I think I’m going to just drop ww, since I have too many restrictions.

I’ll finish out the month and then stop

How do you stop being charged

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 12:16 pm
I’m on ww and if you don’t use at least 19 points a day you will not loose weigh.

Also, as hard as it is- you have to force yourself to drink 8 cups of water each day - if you’re not drinking enough your body retains whatever water it has to hold on to

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 1:18 pm
amother wrote:
I’m on ww and if you don’t use at least 19 points a day you will not loose weigh.

Also, as hard as it is- you have to force yourself to drink 8 cups of water each day - if you’re not drinking enough your body retains whatever water it has to hold on to

I’m eating about 19 points but my points are coming from point proteins and oils

I’m only drinking 4 cups. Aaah that’s where I may be going wrong

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
The increase in low carb veggies is no problem.
The protein is my problem, since I don’t like chicken breast.
Fish is difficult, a. It’s expensive. b. I don’t like it that much c. The worm video in the salmon freaked me out.
So I eat dark chicken, ground beef and occasional steak, but these have points.
Unless I eat more eggs throughout the day.
Im already eating 2-3 everyday.
5-6 a Day is not too much?
Don’t say, so eat only egg whites, since all the nutrition of the egg is in the yolk, plus I don’t like it.
If I don’t like what I eat it won’t be sustainable

Actually about half the protein in is the egg white and half in the egg yolk. Yolk does have vitamins etc, but if you're eating other protein, you might not need it. Yolk adds more fat and calories if you're already eating a few tbsp of fat a day

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 2:36 pm
Also, some people say that eggs are inflammatory, I don't know if that's true or not, but you can look into it.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:11 pm
Op, Are you already thin? Obviously heavier people will lose more weight at the start of a diet as opposed to thin people trying to lose a couple pounds.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:09 pm
Btw- I only loose 1 lb a week on weight watchers but think about it, after 6 months that’s 25 lbs!!!! (Last week I gained 2 oz - I know I wasn’t drinking enough

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
Also, some people say that eggs are inflammatory, I don't know if that's true or not, but you can look into it.

At this time dr. Wants me to work on no starches, sugars, or legumes, but thanks for the info.
Next off the list will be nightshade veggies, but he doesn’t think they cause a problem in me.
Then dairy and Eggs.

I’m going to up my water intake and see if that helps

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:45 pm
OP, I looked at your diet plan, and seriously, it doesn't make sense. You're basically on the South Beach diet (no carbs), EVERYONE loses on that. There must be an underlying metabolism issue. Unless you're really very thin and don't have any weight to lose...

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:21 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
OP, I looked at your diet plan, and seriously, it doesn't make sense. You're basically on the South Beach diet (no carbs), EVERYONE loses on that. There must be an underlying metabolism issue. Unless you're really very thin and don't have any weight to lose...

I’m 167lbs (ww scale) and am 5ft tall.
Is that thin?
I know I should be losing weight, and more than 0.4 in 1 week.
I don’t have thyroid or blood sugar issues
I am going through menapause, but I don’t think that’s enough.
I’m not very active though, but I can’t because of joint issue.
I do pilates 2x a week with a trainer.

Is it because of auto- immune?
I have my first appointment with a rhumutoligist In March, that’s the earliest one can see me.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:28 pm
I'm not a fan of weight watchers. I don't understand how it can work with so many free foods.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:51 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
I'm not a fan of weight watchers. I don't understand how it can work with so many free foods.

Neither do I
Basically what I did was use my dr. guidelines and applied them to weight watchers.
Since I was cheating and my joint pain was getting worse, I figured if I knew someone will weigh me every week, I would strictly adhere to the program. I thought wow I’ve been so good I’ll be 2 lbs less.
Shockingly only 0.4, less than 1/2 a pound that’s discouraging.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
The increase in low carb veggies is no problem.
The protein is my problem, since I don’t like chicken breast.
Fish is difficult, a. It’s expensive. b. I don’t like it that much c. The worm video in the salmon freaked me out.
So I eat dark chicken, ground beef and occasional steak, but these have points.
Unless I eat more eggs throughout the day.
Im already eating 2-3 everyday.
5-6 a Day is not too much?
Don’t say, so eat only egg whites, since all the nutrition of the egg is in the yolk, plus I don’t like it.
If I don’t like what I eat it won’t be sustainable

I didn't say skip the veg.I said sugar causes inflammation. I eat lots of fat. I don't think theres a proble with chicken skin or the fat your doc wants you to eat since you are following your plan. my friend on ww swears by tracking. it seems you are doing that though. and it seems to me that eggs are also zero points, yellows included. I agree that what you do should be sustainable. eat what you like and like what you eat. within your plan.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:10 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I didn't say skip the veg.I said sugar causes inflammation. I eat lots of fat. I don't think theres a proble with chicken skin or the fat your doc wants you to eat since you are following your plan. my friend on ww swears by tracking. it seems you are doing that though. and it seems to me that eggs are also zero points, yellows included. I agree that what you do should be sustainable. eat what you like and like what you eat. within your plan.

I eat a lot of raw veggies- super big raw salads
That's why I'm trying to figure out why I'm not losing.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:54 pm
amother wrote:
At this time dr. Wants me to work on no starches, sugars, or legumes, but thanks for the info.
Next off the list will be nightshade veggies, but he doesn’t think they cause a problem in me.
Then dairy and Eggs.

I’m going to up my water intake and see if that helps

Pm me. I’ve lost 71 lb in 9 months. No gimmick, no money. Just good food you make and buy locally for yourself. No more joint pain either.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:24 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Pm me. I’ve lost 71 lb in 9 months. No gimmick, no money. Just good food you make and buy locally for yourself. No more joint pain either.

Thanks for the offer, but for now I need to follow what the doctor tells me.
Trying to get mobile again, suffering from A Lot of joint pain, muscle weakness. It's quite systemic as my body is reacting very quickly and not in a good way.

Probably the cause of lack of weight loss, that's what DH says, because of inflamation in the system. I just have to keep at it.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 7:19 am
Ok this is absolutely crazy.
I gained 2 lbs.
I haven’t changed anything, except last night I had homemade tuna burgers
Tuna
Ground veggies peppers, onions, garlic
Egg
That’s it nothing else

There were 2 days this week that I wasn’t able to eat lunch

From Monday till Friday 2 lb gain.
This is absolutely crazy.

I can’t lose weight unless I DRASTICALLY reduce my calories.
I don’t want to do that since I’m trying to be healthier due to auto-immune issues.

987gold

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 3:29 pm
My question is if you are eating enough. .seriously
Hope you aren't in starvation mode. Maybe eat salmon

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 8:58 pm
[quote="987gold"]My question is if you are eating enough. .seriously
Hope you aren't in starvation mode. Maybe eat salmon[/quote

I hear you.
I’ll try it’s just so expensive.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise