Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
R u creative? please help me!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 11:08 am
20 yrs ago I borrowed a dress from a friend... I wasnt able to return it right away and eventually we both forgot about it. I found it in my closet this week and freaked out. I think purim is the perfect time to return it. I need a brilliant idea of how to send it over. Please help me brainstorm!
TIA

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 11:10 am
Skeleton in the closet theme

Lost in the mail theme

Or just call her and apologize

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 11:55 am
The dress has literally just been in your closet for 20 years, and this is the first time you noticed it?

Is the dress even still worth anything to your friend? Is it hopelessly out of date? Has it deteriorated (eg, elastic)? Is it anywhere close to her current size?

I've got to be honest with you. I'd be PO'ed. You didn't misplace the dress. There was no issue. You just didn't bother to check your closet for 20 years when I could have used it.

So I wouldn't return it unless its something timeless and expensive. Instead, tell her that you were just thinking of it, and realized that you never made it up to her. Can you pay her, or do something, or give tzedaka on her behalf.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:01 pm
You need to a"dress" this problem. This dress was at the wrong a"dress" for 20 years....

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:22 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
You need to a"dress" this problem. This dress was at the wrong a"dress" for 20 years....

And wrap it in a garment box with a bow.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:25 pm
I think SoW's suggestion is probably best in the interest of sholom. If by some chance she mentions she would love the dress if it ever turned up, then that too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics