Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What kitchen items are a must?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:53 pm
First time making Pesach at home. We will be away for the sedarim but home for the rest. I'm going to use disposables for everything for which a disposable version exists, but obviously some things can't be disposable. So far, I'm thinking a pot and pan each for milchig and fleishig, 1 large chopping knife for each, and a spatula for each. Is there anything I'm not thinking of? I'm not planning on baking, so I have no need for measuring spoons etc.

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 2:58 pm
In addition to what you have, baking sheets for roasting vegetables, a mixing spoon a mixing bowl. A crockpot is really nice. You can make meals in the morning and they cook while your out on trips.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
First time making Pesach at home. We will be away for the sedarim but home for the rest. I'm going to use disposables for everything for which a disposable version exists, but obviously some things can't be disposable. So far, I'm thinking a pot and pan each for milchig and fleishig, 1 large chopping knife for each, and a spatula for each. Is there anything I'm not thinking of? I'm not planning on baking, so I have no need for measuring spoons etc.

I did similar the first year.

2 peelers (so someone can help peel simultaneously)
Hand grater (optional)
Ladel for soup
Potato masher
Measuring spoons
Measuring cups
2 single metal forks and knives for mixing/mashing
Hot plate (if you aren't using your oven on YT)
Crockpot (optional $30)
Hand blender (optional for soups)

Besides for the peelers and appliances, which need to be quality, you can get the other items I listed at the dollar store to start with if you prefer.

Miri7

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 3:47 pm
Cutting boards - we use the flexible plastic ones for pesach - cheap and light and easy to store.

Large spoons for serving.
Wine opener
Serving/storage bowls - size and number depends on what you will serve and store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics