Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Main course ... Sedarim

elisheva25

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 10:26 pm
I forget this every year ... Lol
Is a roast in a sauce ok to serve Seder night?

tichellady

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 10:29 pm
Braised meat is fine ( roast cooked in a lot of sauce like brisket)

elisheva25

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 10:51 pm
So roast in a liquid sauce is fine ?

Woman of Valor

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 11:38 pm
What is your concern? Staying moist? Or kosher l'pesach?

imamother153

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:44 am
If you’re asking about minhagim there are those that don’t eat meat at the sedar because they don’t won’t to eat a fleishig dish that is better than the kurban Pesach. Or there are those that dont eat anything broiled or roasted (is it everyone?) at the sedar. If you weren’t referring to this then just ignore my post.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 3:28 am
The minhag is to not have any meat or chicken that is even slightly roasted. That's why brisket and corned beef are common choices.
Some may only have chicken soup because its late, not much time till chatzos, and they're tired.
Don't forget the boiled eggs!

sped

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 5:26 am
We do a soup with meat (preferable flanken) cooked inside. That way we have meat for Y"T, but definitely not roasted!

elisheva25

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:35 am
imamother153 wrote:
If you’re asking about minhagim there are those that don’t eat meat at the sedar because they don’t won’t to eat a fleishig dish that is better than the kurban Pesach. Or there are those that dont eat anything broiled or roasted (is it everyone?) at the sedar. If you weren’t referring to this then just ignore my post.

Right the minhag of not eating roasted. So I know it’s a stupid question, but is roast considered roasted is served with sauce?

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:22 am
elisheva25 wrote:
Right the minhag of not eating roasted. So I know it’s a stupid question, but is roast considered roasted is served with sauce?

A piece of meat called "a roast" is not an issue. It's the roasting of any kind of meat or poultry that is problematic. Any kind of meat cooked in a good amount of liquid - yes, even a roast - is fine.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:59 am
Which makes me ask what about fried? I was not aware of this inyan my first few Pesachs and I made fried shnitzel. Then I was told by someone that it's not ok because it needed to "cook" in a liquid. Anyone know the answer ?

imamother153

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:09 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Which makes me ask what about fried? I was not aware of this inyan my first few Pesachs and I made fried shnitzel. Then I was told by someone that it's not ok because it needed to "cook" in a liquid. Anyone know the answer ?

I was told it’s in the same category as roasting or broiling which makes it no. But I guess ask the one u usually ask your other Pesach shalos from.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics