Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Dessert Ideas?

Woman of Valor

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 11:42 pm
Can anyone share their favorite Pesach dessert recipes? Including cookies, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, mousses, crumbles, etc. Preferably without raw eggs or separated eggs unless not too hard to do.

SingALong

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 11:47 pm
Last year I blended fresh mango chunks in a food processor and froze for mango ice cream. Served it scooped on a plate with kiwi slices on the side and some pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top of scoop. Was very pretty and healthy too!

imasoftov

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:05 am
Nut tortes, meringues, flourless chocolate cakes. Requires separating eggs but that's not all that hard. A tip for while you're still getting the knack is to separate the eggs before making something else that calls for eggs. That way if you mess one up, you throw it in the other dish. And a tip for even after you know how to separate eggs is to always separate them into a small dish, never into the place where you've already placed the other egg whites, because once in a while even experts break a yolk, and you don't want to ruin a whole bowl of egg whites by getting some nut into them.

Also, don't look in pesach cookbooks for your dessert recipes. Look for flourless desserts in regular cookbooks. Someone taught me this and it's been a tremendous help. Here's the first one that came up when I searched for flourless cake. Use margarine (or whatever oil you use, even a light flavored olive oil will work) in place of the butter for a meat meal.

https://www.allrecipes.com/rec.....e-ii/

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:48 pm
We like something refreshing like cut melon, fruit salad, poached pears, apple compote, sorbet, ice cream. Sometimes we go with something chocolatey.

tf

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:38 pm
Apples dipped in walnut/sugar combo baked
red pears cooked in wine
fruit salad

thanks

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:45 pm
Boil grape juice, then freeze. Makes a great sorbet. So easy (and no raw eggs).

tf

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:56 pm
Tricolor ices
Use plastic cups to add 1/3 grape juice. Freeze.
Add 1/3 orange juice. Freeze.
Add 1/3 apple juice. Freeze.
Enjoy[u]

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 2:47 pm
Thank you everyone!! Great ideas.

Boca00

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 3:03 pm
My friend makes heavenly nut clusters. She melts almond butter with honey and adds craisins and assorted chopped/sliced nuts. She then scoops it out onto a tray, drizzles with chocolate and puts in the freezer for a few min to set.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 5:03 pm
lemon meringue pie. Any recipe will do, just use potato starch instead of cornflour. Use crumbled cookies, slices of sponge cake or something else for crust. Only thing with this is it doesn't freeze too well and only keeps for about 2 or 3 days. You can freeze it if you skip the meringue topping part - just make mini meringues separately and serve together.

fs

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 5:26 pm
Almond butter cookies. Really tasty
From https://sallysbakingaddiction......kies/

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 cup (250g) maple almond butter, at room temperature or cold (not warm)1
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or light/dark brown sugar or even maple sugar)2
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (140g) chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
sea salt for sprinkling
Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until beaten. Mix in the almond butter, coconut sugar, and baking soda. Mix everything together very well. Depending how thick and/or cold your almond butter is, you'll have to use some arm muscles. Fold in the chocolate chunks until combined-- save a couple for step 3.
Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons each, onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon. If you find the cookie dough balls are a little oily from your almond butter-- mine usually are-- blot each with a paper towel. Press a couple chunks onto the tops of each cookie dough mound (this is just for looks and those pools of melted chocolate on top!).
Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft-- that's ok! For crispier cookies, bake up to 12 minutes. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt immediately after coming out of the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cover leftover cookies tightly and store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Make ahead tip: Cookies freeze well up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Recipe Notes:
I encourage you to use homemade maple almond butter. If not, you can use commercial almond butter (Justin's brand makes a tasty maple almond butter!). However, the type of almond butter you use will alter the cookies texture slightly. Be sure to stir in any excess oil on top of the natural brands, and get it completely mixed in. Otherwise, your cookies will spread too much. An equal amount of peanut butter or other nut butter can be used instead of almond butter.
Instead of coconut sugar, you can use light brown sugar, dark brown sugar, or maple sugar. Do not use a liquid sweetener like maple syrup, honey, or agave.

cbg

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 5:45 pm
Search for raw vegan desserts.
I make chocolate avocado mousse pie and key lime avocado mouse pie.
Also there is a parve cheese cake you can make using raw cashews.
I've also made chocolate turtle clusters, using almond butter instead of peanut butter.
There's a raw brownie recipe that uses dates nuts and cocoa

You can also checkout elanas pantry. She makes a lot of desserts using almond and coconut flour. https://elanaspantry.com

Most of the desserts are more expensive to make, but they are more nutritious so you can use them for breakfast and not feel guilty that it's empty junk.

I also make chocolate covered bananas and recently I saw a recipe where you slice bananas, heat then up, I think in the oven, then dip them in cinnamon and sugar and freeze.
I'll see if I find it.

Another one DD found was cocoa covered frozen grapes- doesn't sound appetizing, but they are amazingly good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics