Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I need to vent, and don’t want to embarrass my children
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 4:38 pm
keym wrote:
Oh you made me feel so much better. Im so sorry for you.

Off topic kind of is there any other crazy woman here who plots evil plans of stuffing the kids pillowcases with snackbag wrappers and dirty socks justto show em.
Mind you I dont think this always. Just when my Pesach brain takes over and I lose my mind.

Pesach brain - love the expression!
Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 4:43 pm
SingALong wrote:
My big kids who are more capable are responsible to clean they’re own draws/closets and vacuum floor. (Age 10 and up). I calmly tell them that by bedikas chometz if we find anything we need to lock their room and sell it for Pesach. They need to sleep with their toddler sibling throughout the entire Pesach.
Bh I’ve yet to find crumbs/snack bags in their rooms the days/weeks before Pesach.

Little kids I either have older dd do it with them and just let them “help” with a spray bottle and dishrag. But they also don’t have free access to snacks so when I give it im strict about them staying at the table.

Excellent parenting I say!

mirror

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 4:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Vaccum cleaner!

Different vacuum cleaners perform different functions. Your standard vacuum cleaner is good at picking up dust. I know many people who get a wet vac for picking up larger items such as wrappers. Wet vacs don't clog up the way regular vacs do because it's a giant bucket with a hose attached. If the hose stops working on the rare occasion it does get clogged, just unscrew the hose where it attaches to the vac, pull out the wad of whatnot, and screw the hose back in.

You empty a wet vac by opening up the top and spilling out the contents, like a bucket. You don't have to buy bags for a wet vac. They sell wet vacs in Home Depot and Lowes and Amazon. The bigger ones tackle bigger items because the hose is bigger.

Feel better. Hug

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 5:39 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Vaccum cleaner!

Wish I could, but there’s also LEGO and knex and random dirty socks and heaven knows what down there. I want my vacuum to work again after today.

penguin

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 5:48 pm
I say if they are old enough to be embarrassed they are old enough to clean. WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR? You should be on a comfortable chair with your feet up while you watch them clean!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 5:50 pm
A friend of mine said that her relative managed to break both arms a couple of weeks before Pesach and was casted from something like wrist to shoulder.

She wailed to the doctor, "What am I going to dooooo?"

Dr said "your fingers still work. You can point them. You <point> do that <point>. And You <point> do that <point>

Anon bec I looove this story and have told it so many times. My health doesn't allow me to do much physical work. I do a lot of pointing.

tf

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
The kids in this room are 9 and 7, and neither of them are trustworthy to clean the way I’m comfortable with. I try not to give them free access to snacks- I lock the kitchen, I put them up high, and I hide them. Sadly, they’ve broken the kitchen lock, scale heights, and find all my hiding places. Also my house generally looks like a garbage can. I love the idea of selling their rooms though.

Seems like they're ready to accept responsibilities.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 5:52 pm
penguin wrote:
I say if they are old enough to be embarrassed they are old enough to clean. WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR? You should be on a comfortable chair with your feet up while you watch them clean!

I think I love you. To be honest, I started having contractions at some point, so I got up and sat on the couch for a while. Kids are home now and are about to be invited to assist their poor mother.

tf

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 5:58 pm
penguin wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better, except that the caps should be in bold. With a pointing finger.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
Wish I could, but there’s also LEGO and knex and random dirty socks and heaven knows what down there. I want my vacuum to work again after today.

You are reminding me of a Binah magazine story where the husband said he was going to "make Pesach." After cleaning the kids room, he told his wife it was easy. "There were lots of weird colorful things on the floor under the bed, but I just sucked them all up with the vacuum cleaner." An hour later the wife heard a deathly shriek coming from the bedroom: "WHERE ARE MY SILLY BANDZ???"

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 7:56 pm
keym wrote:
Mine too.
Just one question. Have your kids told you (with a completely straight face) that they never eat in their bedrooms like mine did?

😂😂😂😂

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:13 pm
37 weeks pregnant. Doing the same thing. Found wrappers in my kids shoes in the closet.

Im just doing the basics. But I laughed hard and I totally feel you!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:

Here's what I do. Sweep everything into a big pile. When the kids get home, tell them that anything they want to keep, they need to get out of that pile and go wash it off.

Grab a dust pan and sweep up the rest of the pile. Done!

Stars

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Here's what I do. Sweep everything into a big pile. When the kids get home, tell them that anything they want to keep, they need to get out of that pile and go wash it off.

Grab a dust pan and sweep up the rest of the pile. Done!

My ds knows to come running when I sweep. He needs to check the pile for crayons/lego/random prizes because he knows I might throw them out.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 12:30 am
Queen6 wrote:
Stop buying so much junk food. If all you have is healthy things and plainer snacks they won’t sneak it 8nto their rooms.

I don’t buy any junk food. Their father is responsible for those purchases. I recently confronted him and said that if I find wrappers in their room after this, their only snacks will be fruits and vegetables.

penguin

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:45 am
Quote:
Their father is responsible for those purchases
Are you married to their father? What role does he take in Pesach cleaning?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 2:08 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:
Their father is responsible for those purchases
Are you married to their father? What role does he take in Pesach cleaning?

I am married to their father. Sadly I haven’t been able to control his grocery shopping. He does help with cleaning though. He just wasn’t home today and I wanted to get started.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:35 am
amother wrote:
I am married to their father. Sadly I haven’t been able to control his grocery shopping. He does help with cleaning though. He just wasn’t home today and I wanted to get started.

I have that, too. Just last night I made the yearly please-don't-buy-anymore-chametz plea. Didn't go over too well. Sigh.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics