Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Good (Or Even OK) KLP ground decaf

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:20 am
Does anyone know of a good or even not bad ground decaf that is KLP? I buy Folger ''s every year and it is vile. And yes, I know it's only one week, but MIL loves her brewed decaf (and so do I).

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:22 am
Nescafe Taster's Choice

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:33 am
Is that ground? I've only heard of Tasters Choice in instant.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
Nescafe Taster's Choice

This is the best decaf instant coffee!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:36 am
Thanks so much but my MIL loves fresh brewed, so that is what I am trying to find. In past years the only one I've found in decaf is Folgers, which is awful tasting.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
Thanks so much but my MIL loves fresh brewed, so that is what I am trying to find. In past years the only one I've found in decaf is Folgers, which is awful tasting.

I find the Taster's Choice instant to taste better than Folger's ground.

ffbmom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 7:50 pm
Is Taster's Choice decaf Kosher for Pesach? It wasn't previous years.

tovli toraspicha

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 8:24 pm
ffbmom wrote:
Is Taster's Choice decaf Kosher for Pesach? It wasn't previous years.

Nescafe tasters choice make a special run in decaf specifically kosher for pesach, definitely have seen it for the past few years. It's in a glass jar.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 9:20 pm
OP here. Thank you all so much but I specifically want GROUND decaf, not instant. It’s for someone’s who only drinks ground.

losingweight

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:15 pm
Aromaville makes ground KP. Not sure if it's decaf though.

lattemom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:43 pm
I haven't tried it but there is a brand called the Chosen Bean that I believe is KLP and is decaf. I think it is sold on Amazon. They use the Swiss water decaf process which is supposed to be a lot healthier and tastier.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 12:00 am
Thank you, lattemom. I will check that out.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 12:45 am
If you live in brooklyn, there is someone schwartz in Williamsburg who sells ground coffee. He only sells it before pesach. We used to buy regular, not decaf, but perhaps he has decaf too.

My father used to but by him but lately he goes down to the brewery, selects his beans and watches as they grind it.

jkw

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:03 am
I feel for you both. I buy Starbucks ground KLP coffee every year. Maybe their decaf is also KLP.
Look it up in the OU guide to Pesach; they usually list lots of coffees. When you find out let us know!

chicco

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:08 am
Gevalia! I use it all year round. It's really great quality coffee, and I'm quite picky about mine.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 9:42 am
Did you check the status of Starbucks and maxwell house?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 10:09 am
All things blue, any of the major brands (including Starbucks, etc) are KLP for Regular (I.e., caffeinated) ground coffee. In fact, ,many poskim say that for regular (caffeinated) unflavored ground coffee you don't need a hechsher. However ground decaf has always been a problem. Folgers is the only mainstream brand that is ok (and believe me, I have tried HARD to find another one. It is horribly vile). Now, I discovered (thank you Chicco!) that Gevalia is another.
I realize that this is a first world problem in spades, but I really love my MIL, and that cup of brewed decaf in the morning makes her day.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:31 pm
This was posted on another thread.
https://squareup.com/store/fre.....sover

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:
All things blue, any of the major brands (including Starbucks, etc) are KLP for Regular (I.e., caffeinated) ground coffee. In fact, ,many poskim say that for regular (caffeinated) unflavored ground coffee you don't need a hechsher. However ground decaf has always been a problem. Folgers is the only mainstream brand that is ok (and believe me, I have tried HARD to find another one. It is horribly vile). Now, I discovered (thank you Chicco!) that Gevalia is another.
I realize that this is a first world problem in spades, but I really love my MIL, and that cup of brewed decaf in the morning makes her day.

You are a very sweet and kind daughter in law!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics