Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cooked minute steak that's soft?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 6:44 pm
Ds brought home a slice of uncooked minute steak. He asked if I'd cook it , and he would like it to be soft, not chewy.
He dislikes ketchup or tomato sauce so that's out, and I don't have tomatoes.
Is there a way to prepare them so it's soft?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 6:59 pm
Sear the meat , in some oil. Take it out and put in onions and garlic sautéed till soft. Add potatoes, sweet potato, carrot, then put meat ontop season it then add semi dry red wine. Not sweet or the meat will taste sweet. Cover the meat in wine and cook on low flame about an hour to 1.5 hrs hours. Check with a fork for softness. If you overcook it will get rubbery. So keep an eye on it. Don't let it cook on high flame just bubbling lightly. When soft I usually blend the vegetables with the water to creat a yummy sauce. It heavenly as long as it's fresh the same day. Enjoy.

Cube the vegetables and put them around the meat.

The wine is critical to this recipe. Do not add water. It really changes it and is not so tasty

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:06 pm
I so appreciate your recipe, but I'm afraid it's too much work for me :-(
Anything easy? Like put in pot and add salt and simmer? Will it be soft if cooked this way?

pause

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
I so appreciate your recipe, but I'm afraid it's too much work for me :-(
Anything easy? Like put in pot and add salt and simmer? Will it be soft if cooked this way?

Yes. You can put anything on it in the spices/sauces department. I usually just do some onion and garlic, salt and pepper. Let it cook for a long time, like at least 2.5 hours, in liquid on a medium low flame. As long as there's always some liquid (you can keep on adding a bit of water at a time), it will turn out buttery soft.

fraimal

Post Thu, Mar 29 2018, 7:44 pm
slice onions into rings. place bottom of pan, then lay down meat, then add garlic powder, onion powder and drop of duck suace, add 1 more layer of onions, cover tightly with silver foil and bake for 2 1/2 hour on 350! Delicious and so easy to make! we have it every friday night
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen