Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What is ur daily weekday schedule

amother
White

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:04 pm
I am having a hard time getting anything done at night othe then what must be done for the next day, when kids are in bed I just want to veg on couch and not fold the laundry.

Kids wake up sometime in the 6:00 hour. Dh comes home from shachris at 7 and is home to help till 725. 810 I leave the house drop off kids at school and babysitter and go straight to work. Straight from work I pick the kids up and we are home around 345. Kids are hungry and kvetchy so we have a snack or supper. Dh is home at 545 and we have (second)supper. By 820 pm the kids are usually all asleep. My kids are 5 3 and almost 2.

How do you manage if dh comes home at say 7 8 pm. I think also what makes it hard for me is that I have zero me time besides night. Monday thru Friday its drop kids off on way to work pick them up straight from work...

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:27 pm
When my oldest was 5 all my kids were sleeping by 6:30 so had a nice long quiet night

Try putting them to sleep earlier

amother
Gold

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:34 pm
Can you have the littlest ones bathed before dh comes home so that they can get to bed soon after dinner? Bedtime stories should happen at 6:30 so that they're fully wound down and tucked on by 7:00.

amother
White

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:04 pm
Ive played around with bedtime and doing it earlier doesn’t help. They don’t fall asleep. We start cleanup time a little after 7 then books then brushing teeth and around 730ish tuck them in. Sometimes they are all asleep before 8 but by 820 they are always sleeping.

Maryann

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 7:38 am
Wow u r amazing, when do u actually make supper?

lfab

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 10:52 am
Does dh help with clean up? That's the only way I can do it. I leave my house at around 7:35 every morning and drop 4 out of my 5 kids off on the way to work then pick them all up on my way home, so also no down time. I'm home with all the kids by about 4:15 and weer do homework and dinner, baths etc. Dh gets home around 6:30/6:40. He helps me put 2 little ones to bed then we eat dinner at around 7:00. After we eat he washes the dishes/swerps the floors so I can get a start on doing other stuff like preparing dinner for the next day or folding laundry, etc. I definitely have to push myself to do stuff but at this point is just my schedule and what I'm used to. Every once in a while I'll let myself have a night where I just veg out and leave everything for the next day (I usually end up regretting it the next day when I have 2 days worth of stuff to do so I try not to do it too often).

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 11:11 am
My two year old wakes up around 6:00/6:30
I wake my 11 year old up at 7:00 for a 7:30 bus
I wake my 8 year old at 7:20 for an 8:10 bus
I wake my 6 year old when I get back from the bus.
Monday and Thursday I do carpool. I get home around 9:20 and start work at 9:30. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday I start work at 9:00.
My 6 year old comes home around 3:10/3:15.
I work until 4:00/4:10.
My 8 year old comes home at 4:30, with a friend whose mother doesn’t come home until about 5:00.
My 11 year old comes home around 5:00/5:15.
Supper is at 6:30.
I put my baby in around 8:00 (I try for 7:30/7:45 but I usually miss that mark.)
Then I do bedtime with the other kids, who all get in pajamas while I’m putting the baby to sleep.
Everyone is usually sleeping by 9:30.
Then I decide if I want to eat or get into bed and veg for a bit.
Somewhere in there we also do showers/baths. I had a very good system, where everyone takes on Sunday, and then the boys take Monday and Wednesday and the girls take Tuesday and Thursday, and then everyone takes Friday. My husband doesn’t like that system though, he thinks everyone needs to take showers/baths every day. I told him if that’s how he feels, then he can be in charge.

Edit to add: my husband comes home 7:00/7:30

amother
White

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 11:16 am
lfab wrote:
Does dh help with clean up? That's the only way I can do it. I leave my house at around 7:35 every morning and drop 4 out of my 5 kids off on the way to work then pick them all up on my way home, so also no down time. I'm home with all the kids by about 4:15 and weer do homework and dinner, baths etc. Dh gets home around 6:30/6:40. He helps me put 2 little ones to bed then we eat dinner at around 7:00. After we eat he washes the dishes/swerps the floors so I can get a start on doing other stuff like preparing dinner for the next day or folding laundry, etc. I definitely have to push myself to do stuff but at this point is just my schedule and what I'm used to. Every once in a while I'll let myself have a night where I just veg out and leave everything for the next day (I usually end up regretting it the next day when I have 2 days worth of stuff to do so I try not to do it too often).

Dh does cleanup time with kids at night - putting the toys away. If I did it it would be better but its the one thing he does so I cant complain too much about it. He recently started a new job and he brings work home with him at night so its not like hes not being productive - but he is not really helping with the housework.

STMommy

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 11:34 am
Financially is there any possibility of cleaning help? Your schedule is so difficult! And your kids are too young to play independently! And DO NOT beat yourself up for being tired once they go to bed and not wanting to start housework! You've been working, whether as a mom or a professional, for 14 hours already by then!
I am in a similar situation and I have 3 hours of help per week and even that has saved my life.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 11:38 am
STMommy wrote:
Financially is there any possibility of cleaning help? Your schedule is so difficult! And your kids are too young to play independently! And DO NOT beat yourself up for being tired once they go to bed and not wanting to start housework! You've been working, whether as a mom or a professional, for 14 hours already by then!
I am in a similar situation and I have 3 hours of help per week and even that has saved my life.

I used to have 3 hours a week and then my lady stopped coming. I am not comfortable having someone when I am not home and its very hard to find someone to come from 4-7. Also most them want 5 hours of work. I live in a two bedroom apartment. I cant have someone in my house from 4-9 even if Im sure I can find 5 hours of work for them to do......I have split with a friend in the past the five hours but even that was almost more headache than gain..

lfab

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
Dh does cleanup time with kids at night - putting the toys away. If I did it it would be better but its the one thing he does so I cant complain too much about it. He recently started a new job and he brings work home with him at night so its not like hes not being productive - but he is not really helping with the housework.

My husband also brings work home with home almost nightly (he's a high school teacher so there's lots of prep, grading, etc.). But the 20-30 minutes he spends helping me clean up at night (not the kids toys, we have our 9, 8, and 6 year old do that while we eat dinner) makes a big difference. After that (by around 8) he does his work while I do housework, dinner prep for next day, laundry, grocery shopping, etc.

lfab

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
I used to have 3 hours a week and then my lady stopped coming. I am not comfortable having someone when I am not home and its very hard to find someone to come from 4-7. Also most them want 5 hours of work. I live in a two bedroom apartment. I cant have someone in my house from 4-9 even if Im sure I can find 5 hours of work for them to do......I have split with a friend in the past the five hours but even that was almost more headache than gain..

I had the same thing. Had cleaning help briefly for about 3 hours per week but then she got a full day job on the day I had her so she stopped coming. I also don't want anyone in my house when I'm not there and it's very hard to find someone to cpme later in the afternoon. Also, even she came at that time I always felt like the kids were in the way and she'd be trying to clean the bathroom when kids needed to shower or she'd sweep and mop and then I'd give kids dinner and they'd make a mess all over the freshly cleaned floor! What I really need is 1-1 1/2 hours daily, or 2-3 hours 3 times a week but noone wants to work those kind of hours.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 12:23 pm
I hear you re cleaning help. would someone come on a sunday late afternoon?
what about a helping girl for an hour 2 days a week. half hour use for yourself to relax or take care of something and half hour to do house chores. helping girl can also fold or match socks or empty a dishwasher.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 2:45 pm
Op my daily routines are like yours. I go to work, come home and take care of the kids etc...and by the time they are in bed, I'm exhausted. But, I still have "homework" from work BC I'm a teacher. I'm not managing BC of all the pressure from my job and BC I'm constantly working. My dh works most evenings. But, I do my responsibilities and I'm grateful that I have a job so that I can pay my bills. Life is hard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics