Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Why are you logging in the chat if you don't want to chat??

yersp

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 7:54 pm
This has been bothering me for quite a while now. I log into imamother and see quite a few users in chat. I'm thinking they're probably having a good chat and when I join, no one is there because they're busy checking what was posted!! I have no problem with you checking the posts, but then don't log into chat. I NEED SOME COMPANY!!! DH is working late and the kiddoes dont want to go to sleep cuz they want to wait up for totty! Cooking and cleaning is not possible right now because every 5 seconds it's something else. This one is hurting me, that one is hurting me. She took the blocks, he hit me back etc etc etc.
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's bothered by this, so please, do us all a favor, if you don't plan on chatting: DONT LOG INTO CHAT!!
Thank you!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 7:59 pm
Don't worry. I was banned a year ago.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 8:18 pm
what? u can be banned from chat??????? what happened?

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 8:21 pm
hullo ... chat is whatever one chats about ... don't getcha ...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:40 pm
Suffice to say that people get mean in chat, and that although I may appear to have a thick skin, I get my feelings hurt easily.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:01 pm
not quite a year moose ... cause I have been on less than a year ... and we met in chat Wink

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:57 am
Rosy, I log in to chat but if theres noone talking, I still stay there, hoping that s/one else will come and chat..
I mean, usually I dont talk to the walls, so if u see IM there and not talking it's bec. noone else is.

Lilkingdom

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:15 am
Rosy I work all day so when I'm logged in doesn't mean I'm actually available all the time. Many times the phone rings or customers come in or the boss appears etc...and instead of constantly logging in and out and annoying everyone, I rather stay there until I can chat. Sometimes a new interesting post is up and instead of again logging out and back in just to read it, I stick in chat for the few minutes that I read the post. I don't see what your problem is. For me people who log in and out nonstop annoy me more!

If you see people in chat and it's quiet there...why don't you start a conversation? You'll be surprised, most of the time users will start talking!

yersp

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:36 am
I already tried that many times, with starting a conversation and then I just get impatient of waiting so I log out. The funny thing is that when I log in again much later, one or two of the same users that were logged in before ARE STILL LOGGED IN!!! I've learnt already which users are really chatting, and which arent. If I see you happy logged in, I know you'll answer me if I start a conversation!!

Lilkingdom

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:43 am
I guess some people are just plain nosy and not interested in chatting. All they're there for is to listen in on what others talk about.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 5:00 pm
happymom2be wrote:
. For me people who log in and out nonstop annoy me more!

S/times it's their computer that's giving them problems and it keeps logging out by itself.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 7:03 pm
hey ... sometimes I have to talk to myself ... What lucky I log in twice ... Nervous

Lilkingdom

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:03 pm
greenfire wrote:
hey ... sometimes I have to talk to myself ... What lucky I log in twice ... Nervous

Rolling Laughter

gold21

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 10:01 am
yeah I find it pretty darn odd when ppl do that...I dont use chat very much...and if I am on chat, its only cuz Twizzlers is there too.. Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics