Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
2 sides open tub- Shower curtain not wide enough

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:16 am
Hi,
I have a tub that's open on 2 sides. Meaning 2 walls are by a wall, but the other 2 are open.

One shower curtain only covers the long side, plus a little bit of the 2nd side.

What can I do? Buy a curtain and cut it? Anyone with experience?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
Hi,
I have a tub that's open on 2 sides. Meaning 2 walls are by a wall, but the other 2 are open.

One shower curtain only covers the long side, plus a little bit of the 2nd side.

What can I do? Buy a curtain and cut it? Anyone with experience?

Can each side have a separate curtain?
Otherise Google wrap around shower curtain.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:22 am
ra_mom wrote:
Can each side have a separate curtain?
Otherise Google wrap around shower curtain.

Yes, but than there is so much extra.

it only needs a bit more than what I have now. I'll google that, thanks.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:25 am
I've had that & got 2 curtains. Nothing happens if there's a bit extra.
You might also be able to find a wrap around curtain in the department stores but there will be more extra than 2 curtains.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:26 am
Sew two together, cut the extra.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 11:39 am
You use two curtains of course. Do NOT cut down the second curtain. Hook them up so they meet in the center of the tub and cover the long side and both short sides. Anything else will look skimpy, unbalanced and just plain bizarre. Your curtain rod should be suspended from the ceiling and go around at least three sides if not all four.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 12:42 pm
If you have a lot of excess material, bring it to the dressmaker to cut and hem some of the sides off. I've altered shower curtains before.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 8:39 am
Iymnok wrote:
Sew two together, cut the extra.

I think I will do this. Thanks for this suggestion.
I have another of the same curtain.
I'm just thinking- what do I do with the plastic lining. do you think it'll be ok if I just cut it with a scissors?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
I think I will do this. Thanks for this suggestion.
I have another of the same curtain.
I'm just thinking- what do I do with the plastic lining. do you think it'll be ok if I just cut it with a scissors?

Sure. If you want a neat line, lay it out and mark the cutting line with a pen and ruler before cutting.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 9:25 am
One time I bought a thick plastic tablecloth, the type sold on a roll by the yard. I folded the top down twice then sewed in some buttonholes. It was the exact length and width I needed.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 1:22 pm
I want to know how (if) you have a rod that goes around? I have one bathroom with a dropped ceiling and and an elaborate arrangement of metal sticks holding up an L shaped rod. But in other bathrooms I don't know how I could make the curtain protect the shelf at the end.

(This particular tub which I found there's actually a separate shower. But if you have this configuration, how do you keep the end from getting ruined?)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
I want to know how (if) you have a rod that goes around? I have one bathroom with a dropped ceiling and and an elaborate arrangement of metal sticks holding up an L shaped rod. But in other bathrooms I don't know how I could make the curtain protect the shelf at the end.

(This particular tub which I found there's actually a separate shower. But if you have this configuration, how do you keep the end from getting ruined?)

They're usually also anchored in the ceiling, which may not work with drop ceiling tiles.

https://www.signaturehardware......D_BwE

etky

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 12:56 am
Two of our bathtubs are like this.
We have the L shaped contraptions and curtains that fit them.
Here in Israel shower curtains come in several sizes.
The most popular and easy to find are the standard 180 cm curtains that fit tubs that are enclosed on 3 sides but they do make the 240 cm size for the L shaped rods. No need for 2 curtains.
Do they not have these in the US?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics