Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Did you rush to the children's school on Sept 11 th?

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:12 am
to pick them up?
I drove to my son' yeshivah and all the parents were in a panic getting
their kids.
I rushed to my other children's school and got them also.

Chani

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:27 am
Not immediately, but then my husband heard on the news on the radio that a white van with armed arabs had been stopped on the expressway close to our neighborhood (it turned out later to be a false report). When he heard that, he immediately went to get the children. If I'd been in NYC, though, I would have gone straight away. Here in Cleveland, relatively few people picked up their children.

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:31 am
I live in ny .

Classicookie

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:38 am
I was in school in ny when it happend but we stayed there they dismesed early and said no taking busses or trains home had to find a diff way or walk

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:47 am
my first reaction when I heard about the plane crash on the RADIO
was WAR of thE world .( an old broadcast }

Ima'la

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 9:34 am
My mother was on the phone with a friend (they live in NY) and the friend said, "I'm going to pick up my kids from school." My mother responded, "Yeah, sure - first the WTC, then the Pentagon and the White House...and next they're going after the local elementary school!" Good point. The friend stayed home.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 9:58 am
Nah, I work near Ground Zero and I had to get myself home. I had no thought about the kids' safety - or DH's; why woldn't they be safe?

shopaholic

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:12 pm
I only had DS & he was 15 months old. He was supposed to be at the babysitter, but DH, who was supposed to be a block away from the WTC, decided to stay home from his morning classes because the teacher wouldn't be in. He could have been coming out of the train station under the WTC at that moment when the plane hit!

brooklyn

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:21 am
I did, call me paranoid, but I felt better having them home with me.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:39 am
I did go pick up my children that fateful day. Who knew.. Jewish Day School etc.
Here is a sad story: That morning, Tuesday Sept. 11th 2001 was gorgeous. It was the first day of my then 2 yo's preschool program at a certain JCC. There was, of course, much tumult regarding the news and we went home early. The next day, moms were with the kids again (adjustment period). There were rumors that the father of one of the 2 yos was in one of the buildings. A mom, hugely pregnant, brought her 2 yo to school that day. Turns out this mom was the wife of said father. She was bringing her 2 yo to school, with cupcakes and nosh, as it was his bday. She was upbeat and hopeful. She was hugely pregnant, turns out with twins and due any second. Husband missing in the tower. Etc. When asked about how she is doing (people didn't know what to say) she said fine. C section scheduled for the next week, and by then dad would be with her for the event. Sadly enough, Dad was not found. She went into labor on Shabbat and had the babies alone. I drove home that day stunned.

ny21

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 2:07 pm
3 widow are in my area . Two were pregnant at the time
one of them remarried and had three more children ,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics