Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Reminders to flush

animeme

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 5:33 pm
What's a good way to remind/train people to flush when you're not anywhere near them when they go? Signs don't seem to help; they don't get noticed in the haste to get up and go. Incentives only work to get the kids to go back and flush when I notice they didn't- they don't help them to actually remember.

Ideas?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 5:52 pm
If you invent an alarm that goes off if the bathroom goer hasn't flushed and washed hands, I will personally buy the first two products.

Woman of Valor

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 6:45 pm
Sara Chana Radcliffe had a great article recently. You need to make an impression on the brain using humor, song, emotion, motion, or a combination of the above. For example, make a HUGE deal when a small child remembers (obviously doesn't work for an older child lol) or say a really silly sounding UH OH if they try to leave the bathroom without flushing and make them guess why you're saying it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:18 pm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidsf.....ZH5S5

You're welcome Smile

Emotional

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:58 pm
How 'bout a toilet with a... er... electronic "eye" that monitors your rear end for liftoff? It then flushes automatically. They have those in the rest stops on the New York State Thruway. They startle your pants off 🤐😷🙈🙊

Emotional

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidsflush-toilet-training-Trumpet-Elderly/dp/B01LVZH5S5

You're welcome Smile

Interesting concept.
I can't say I've ever seen a toilet with a top button flush - maybe that's a European thing?

zaq

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 5:54 am
Emotional wrote:
How 'bout a toilet with a... er... electronic "eye" that monitors your rear end for liftoff? It then flushes automatically. They have those in the rest stops on the New York State Thruway. They startle your pants off 🤐😷🙈🙊

Problematic on Shabbat.

MommyM

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 7:23 am
Emotional wrote:
Interesting concept.
I can't say I've ever seen a toilet with a top button flush - maybe that's a European thing?

I've seen it in America.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics