Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Take this job or keep looking
Previous  1  2

STMommy

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 2:58 pm
For me, location and flexibility would not justify a pay decrease but a job where I am respected, and have a minimal/manageable amount of work-related stress, for that I would take a pay cut in a heartbeat. My super high stress yet high paying job a few minutes from home is killing me.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:04 pm
You didn't indicate if you tried to negotiate a higher salary. Studies have shown that women often fail to negotiate a higher salary. In my experience, when switching jobs I always indicated that I'm interested in the position, but respectfully asked "if that's the best they can do". Every single time I received a higher offer. That being said, having a short commute (especially when you have small children) is an important factor to consider. Wishing you good luck, whatever you ultimately decide.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:07 pm
If you decide to take the job, before accepting the offer, ask when your first (salary) review would be. This way you at least have an agreed upon time for a salary increase.

Seas

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:18 pm
If you truly believe Hashem can give you a good job, for good pay on your doorstep, and you believe that taking such a job would enable you to be a better mother and wife, don't compromise. Truly trust in Hashem and He will help you.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:29 pm
MayimChayim wrote:
Not true at all in my experience, typically job changes involve salary increases and not pay cuts, at least in corporate America. Otherwise, why would anyone ever change jobs?

Often not true when moving from a city to a suburban area.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics