Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Childrens Place Shoes

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 7:12 am
Does anyone think they are not good, im not talking about flip flops or flimsy shoes that dont hold the feet, im talking about little boots that are supportive. I want to get for my son, they are soo cheap now ($9!!!) any body have experience with their shoes?

3Qts

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 7:16 am
This season is the first time they have the shoes so I dont know how long they will last but my daughter is thrilled with her shabbos shoes I bought her. I paid $22 Versus her weekday shoe that I paid $94 plus Tax ($100!!!!) If it lasts only halfways through the season I will still be very happy!

dewyt

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 7:27 am
I bought the brown boots for my son and I think they are adorable and however long they last I think they're great!

cheerios

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:25 am
What happened to leather shoes?

When I grew up my mom always made sure to get us only leather shoes, not to ruin our feet... I love their shoes, they're so cute, but nothing is leather, so I don't know...

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:58 am
A typical american child does not wear leather (think payless) Somehow I dont see all of them having problems with their feet.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 9:17 am
cheerios wrote:
What happened to leather shoes?

When I grew up my mom always made sure to get us only leather shoes, not to ruin our feet... I love their shoes, they're so cute, but nothing is leather, so I don't know...

Actually, they ARE leather!! Yes, the childrens place now has leather shoes for kids, not sure if all their shoes are leather though.
OP, I just got my baby leather shoes/boots there for like $10! He didn't start wearing yet, so cant tell you what they're like. But they def. look good and sturdy and supportive.

happymom

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:47 am
Quote:
A typical american child does not wear leather (think payless) Somehow I dont see all of them having problems with their feet

payless has leather

SingALong

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 6:23 pm
I plan on getting my daughter good leather shoes for the weekday, since she wears it everyday, and shabbos shoes from children's place.
I think its ok to go cheaper with shoes generally if the child has no walking issues.

cheerios

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 9:36 pm
Quote:
Actually, they ARE leather!! Yes, the childrens place now has leather shoes for kids, not sure if all their shoes are leather though.

What I read about the shoes online said "faux leather" meaning fake leather. Are there others that are genuine leather, or was this what you were referring to?

nana18

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:01 pm
I just bought navy lace up shoes for my son and inside they say genuine leather. I did notice however that most of them are not leather. I don't know the quality yet but I pais 6.50 for them!

shlumzmum

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 6:06 am
I can already imagine what goes on at childrens place on 13th avenue. all shoes upside down, million people trying on shoes for all their kids.

I'm happy I bought shoes for mine. spent 125 for two pairs but I'm sure they will last longer

amother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 11:35 am
but I'm sure they will last longer

I'M NOT SO SURE!!!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 11:45 am
I think that it all depends on how old your child is and when he/she started walking. I don't think a child's first shoes should be from children's place, but not everyone can afford the $60 that I paid for ds' shoes.

cindy324

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:47 pm
Quote:
I can already imagine what goes on at childrens place on 13th avenue. all shoes upside down, million people trying on shoes for all their kids.

I'm happy I bought shoes for mine. spent 125 for two pairs but I'm sure they will last longer

Actually I was there today around noon, and it was not a mad house, BUT they are having a huge sale! EVERYTHING is on SALE!!! I bought my DD a pair of shoes for everyday, brown suede mary janes, sooo cute on sale for like $10 plus I had a 20% off coupon, I paid about $8 for the shoes. I bought tons of long sleeved tees for my kids ($7 !) corduroy skirts for $5 , hoodie sweaters for $7, the prices were insane on items that I was just looking at a couple days ago and they were regularly priced.

As for the expensive shoes lasting longer, they usually don't. It all depends on the kid. I refuse to buy my 8 year old expensive shoes, because I see how she walks in them, she KILLS them within weeks.

mommyX2

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:51 pm
I've had $75 shoes for my kid that lasts 6-9 months! and only get new ones bec. they grow out of them. this is a son who is very active. granted they are pretty worn by then...but they hold up.

that said...my pediatrician has said that it doesn't matter how cheap the shoes are...so long as they fit well...so in that case...go for it. good luck.

cindy324

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 11:42 am
Quote:
that said...my pediatrician has said that it doesn't matter how cheap the shoes are...so long as they fit well...so in that case...go for it. good luck.

Exactly. I think this meshugas of spending upwards of $50-$60 on a pair of shoes for a toddler is only in the frum community. I don't think that the average American family shops at expensive little boutiques. They may go to Stride Rite , but most do not spend such a fortune on shoes.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 12:29 pm
There is absolutely no problem for kids to wear non-leather. Why would it ruin feet? That's just WEIRD.
The only time I buy fancy shoes in a fancy BP store is when there's a MAJOR sale. I never paid more than $30 for the fancy, "hi-quality shoes" and they don't even last any longer than payless ones (which do come in leather, BTW.)
Seasonal shoes, forget it! I'd never get expensive sandals or boots that will be used for 3 months tops.

Children's Place shoes look good, and I also have a brown LEATHER hi-top for my toddler. (Suede with velcro strap.)

avimom

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 7:45 pm
I also grew up with ONLY leather, but I asked an OT I work with and she told me it really doesn't matter at all- in fact, no shoes are best. But as long as they fit- it's fine!

Yaelita

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 2:30 pm
avimom wrote:
I also grew up with ONLY leather, but I asked an OT I work with and she told me it really doesn't matter at all- in fact, no shoes are best. But as long as they fit- it's fine!

In my experience leather shoes are better for those whose feet sweat profusely. Leather lets the skin "breathe". In that case the inside of the shoes has to be leather, not just the outside. My son's feet get wet after minutes of wearing non-leather shoes (and stay wet until I take them off). But if one does not have a major problem with perspiring feet, then I don't see a difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics