Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Second days

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 7:24 am
Please someoen rescue me... I am despirate for a place for the second days..

Let's just say the first place we stayed for yom tov, not what I thought it would be.. My kids and myself would really rather not go..

any suggestions?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 7:48 am
Is this a post meant only for those who know you? Because
(a) no one else knows what country you are in
(b) most people make yom tov at home, why not you
(c) how many is "kids"

etc.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 7:51 am
I am a single mom of three.. in connecticut...

My kids like to be in a place where a man is saying kiddush.

Also I live like 2.5 miles from my shul, so it's a long walk.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 7:58 am
I c I'm not the only one not knowing where to go for second days. were supposed to go to family but got into a major fight with them. not in the mood to be home and cook. dh said we might stay home nad buy ready food.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:00 am
I hope there is a kind family out there who will host you. We had such a situation many years ago when we moved to an area outside the frum community and we were waiting for an apartment to be available in the frum area. We were a 40 minute drive from the community and a 3!!!! mile walk from the closest orthodox-type shul (Chabad). Obviously we couldn't handle it over the chagim. One family, whom we had only met over the internet while living thousands of miles from them, had us over: 2 parents and 3 kids over for a three day Rosh HaShanna. Such a chessed! We did not turn into close friends but I will never forget their kindness. Of course, I helped with the purchases to ease the burden for them (I don't think they were loaded $). For YK we did walk back from shul at night (drove there before the chag) and then walked one way in the morning. For Sukkot another internet friend invited us, sight unseen, to spend the three day holiday with her and her husband. Such tzaddikim! So I know there are amazing people out there... Good luck to you.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 10:31 am
MM, I suggest you stay home - the 2nd days are CRAZY, at least here, with Talucha, long davening and kiddushim, etc.

The first two nights are kiddushim, drinking, and Hakafos. The 2nd night is Talucha and the meal is like midnight.

The first day is a long davening, with Geshem, prob. not ending until around 2 pM, and the nexst day, Simchas Torah, kiddush is DEF not before 4 PM.

Shabbos will truly be a day of rest and relaxation!

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 2:12 pm
I know CM, but my kids want to go away for second days...

They enjoy it, I enjoy it also... and it's a long walk to shul...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 2:46 pm
Good luck with that. It's just abut the hardest time to be a guest - or to host guests.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics