Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
PETA attacks shechita
Previous  1  2

Sunshine

Post Sun, Dec 26 2004, 3:21 pm
Even just listening to the sounds of the cows on the video made me sick. I still get chills up my back thinking of it. I even though I know shicheta is the most humane way to kill an animal, but blood and death is always somehow logically connected to pain even though this is not the case in reguard to shechita.

AweSumThenSum

Post Sun, Dec 26 2004, 3:31 pm
oh, I c where u read me wrong!! I KNOW that peta is wrong, and I wrote that they were biased even before they stepped into the slaughterhouse. I may not have made myself clear though, that even though the shchita is a stomach churner, it is the most humane to kill an animal - I agree 100%

zun, my statement vis a vis corrupt mashgichim has nothing to do w/ the peta issue. I just wrote it here cuz it came to mind. the corruption has been going on for a long time, and im x even refering to corruption w/ shchita, but rather w/ hechsherim given on eateries and certain food product companies.

gryp

Post Sun, Dec 26 2004, 5:34 pm
I dont know how anyone can watch videos like that.
did any of you watch the beheading videos?

I dont have the stomach for it, and I would probably have nightmares for weeks to come.

micki

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 12:52 pm
zun- you misunderstood awsum. peta has gone away. there is no problems.
awsum is talking of a new issue that has arisen becasue of this which is kashrus. a legitimate issue. rabbanim have brought this up, not non jews.

sunshine the cows mooing are alive and well and hearded in the barn which is right below the shcita pen. you did not hear shechted cows mooing because they cannot. once the kuneh and veshet are cut- esophegos and windpipe, obviously it is impossible to produce noise.
so don't worry- the noises are from other cows but I agree it makes it sound as though they are bellowing in pain.

and how is it that I watched it? well my husband told me that its not so horrible, everything is blurry and you can't really see the throat being cut.
can't even read about beheading forget about watching it. the difference is we are talking about humans to animals.

AweSumThenSum

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 1:10 pm
this may sound really gross, and totally against the grain of "yisroel bnei rachmanim", but does a/o have a link or web address where I can view the beheadings? please pm it to me. thanks in advance.

Sunshine

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 7:17 pm
Yes there is one I will find it for you.

Motek

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 7:25 pm
awesum - if you think it might go against the grain etc. maybe you should ask a rav first

just my personal opinion, I think it would be a big mistake to watch it

everything we see is imprinted on our brains

seeing an act of murder can only be detrimental to our spiritual welfare

AweSumThenSum

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 7:35 pm
thanks motek. I appreciate it. nonetheless I dont feel that this is a matter for a rav, and I would still request if a/o has the link for them to pm it to me.

Sunshine

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 8:06 pm
I will warn you that I got nightmares from it for a few days after seeing it, and evertime I saw meat and chicken I invisioned the animals in my head an heard the noises! I saw the video for a second bec I didn't know what it was. What a mistake! It is a miracle I can still eat meat. I bec so sick evertime I saw meat for the next week it was horrible.

de_goldy

Post Mon, Dec 27 2004, 8:14 pm
Sunshine, I think she was asking for the link of hte Iraq beheadings, not the shechita video. I might be wrong though.

AweSumThenSum

Post Wed, Dec 29 2004, 7:50 am
de, u r correct. I've already seen nick berg's beheading and it is surreal. we should send that video to PETA and c what they haveto say to that!!

Rivka

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 4:44 pm
I wouldn't want to see any be-headings, just hearing about them made me sick. And yes seeing any animal shechted makes you a vegetarian for a pretty long time, the way non Jews kill their animals is a hundred times worse though, they shoot and the cow is still alive and because it is such a big animal they sometimes have to shoot it more than once and when that happens you hear the cow mooing horribly. I have seen shechita before and the cows do not make a noise after being shechted and it takes a second.

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 3:34 pm
did you know???
PETA euthanizes animals!

http://www.10news.com/news/463.....=news

Quote:
NORFOLK, Va. -- Two North Carolina counties have stopped turning over shelter animals to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Officials said they were surprised to learn the group euthanized cats and dogs instead of trying to find them homes. They said they believed the animals were being taken for evaluation, and were being adopted out -- and that euthanasia would be only a last resort.

PETA said unfortunately, even some healthy animals may be euthanized if PETA cannot find them homes. Documents show PETA euthanized about 6,100 domestic animals from 2001-2003.

Two PETA employees have been charged with animal cruelty for dumping dead animals they collected in eastern North Carolina into a shopping center's garbage bins.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics